Chapter 17: Unexpected Partnership

It was Ron and me. We stood next to each other not helping the smiles that formed on our faces. Snape gave us instructions on what we needed for our potion, Felix Felicis. I walked up to the cupboards and grabbed all the necessary supplies. I walked back to our table and saw Ron just gazing at me. I smiled at him and put down the supplies.

"So. Are you gonna tell me how the test went?" Ron asked. He opened the Potions book and turned to the correct page.

"I've passed." I smiled at him. "With a- a 99." I couldn't help the dorky smile that grew on my face.

"I told you, you'd do fine."
Ron nudged me slightly with his elbow.

"And your brothers...-"
He rudely interrupted. "It's not your fault. I knew they were gonna fail regardless of whether you helped or not." Ron shook his head.
"Oh. But they haven't failed. They got a 92." I chuckled.
"A 92! Bloody hell!" Ron couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe how those two dingbats were doing better in school than him.
"I can't believe it." Ron said shocked.
"They're smart. When they want to be at least." I smiled.

"Maybe you could help me with this class. We could head down to library during dinner." Ron said looking at the cauldron. I looked up at him.

"I would but I can't. Draco'd go mad looking for me."

Ron gave a look of slight disappointment.
"But we can go to the library after dinner. You could meet me there." I said.

"I don't think the librarian'd let us?"

"She's fond of me I'm sure if I ask her she'll be fine with it." I smiled.
"Yea?" He asked smiling.
"Yea." I smiled back.

Ron started reading the instructions out loud and I was supposed to be listening. I found myself a bit distracted by him. I stared at him while he read. He must've felt me staring cause he looked up and smiled at me.

"I'm aware of how unsightly I am, but there's no need to stare." He said looking back down.

"I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong." I chuckled.
"Ouch." He chuckled and continued reading. I put in some of the ingredients and he started mixing.
"I'm... just kidding. I don't think you're ugly. Not all the time." I smiled looking at his response. He didn't look up but I could tell he was blushing.

I felt someone staring so I slightly turned around. Lavender Brown. She was staring completely at Ron. I looked back at Ron, who was oblivious to the girl drooling over him. It was easy to tell she still had feelings for him.
"We're friends right?" I asked.
"Supposedly." He chuckled.
I elbowed him and he grunted.
"Yea we're friends." He smiled.

"So would you mind if I asked what happened with Lavender?"

"Uh... their wasn't really a connection there. She just wanted to snog all the time. Didn't really talk to me about anything. It was nice at first but after a while it got boring. When someone's your 'girlfriend' you kinda wanna be able to have fun with her, you know."

"I don't." I chuckled. He looked at me confused.
"I-I wouldn't know. I-I've never been in a relationship." I looked down smiling.

"Really?" He asked looking at me shocked.

I nodded my head. "You sound shocked."

"Well I thought that you would've had a bunch of boyfriends, considering you're not ugly and all that." Ron said, working on the potion.
"I think you forget that I've only looked pretty this year... I haven't even had my first kiss." I smiled shyly.
"You haven't?" Ron asked in a surprised voice.