Chapter 6: The Lost Bracelet

Ginny ran over to Ron and hugged him.
He winced in pain.

"Ginny my side." He protested in a strained voice. She pulled off of him and then carefully hugged Lauren. Lauren looked shocked and wasn't quite sure how to respond to the hug. She'd only ever gotten hugs from her parents.

"Thank you so much for saving Ron." She pulled away from Lauren.

"Oh um you don't have to thank me." Lauren responded quietly. Ron was surprised to see how quickly she had gotten quiet when others entered.

"Of course we do. You saved our ickle Ronnikins." George said.

Harry gave Lauren a bouquet of flowers. "Thank you, they're beautiful." Lauren looked deep in Harry's eyes causing him to blush.

"How are you feeling Ron?" Hermione asked.

"I guess you could say I've been better." He joked.

Lauren tried to get up, to give them some time to talk. She winced and grabbed her side. George, Fred and Harry quickly stepped up to help her.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked siting up slowly.

"Back to my bed."

Harry grabbed Lauren's arm and pulled her close to help her to her bed. "Thanks." She said sitting down on her bed.

"Mom and dad owled, asking about you. They want you to get better." Ginny said.

"You gave us a scare." Fred ruffled Ron's hair.

"We're lucky Lauren was so quick on her toes and managed to grab you." George said smiling at her.

"Well I wasn't on my toes I was on my broom."
Lauren said making Fred and George chuckle.

"Pretty and funny." Fred whispered elbowing Harry.

"Still Lauren, if it weren't for you grabbing him, Ron would've fallen from higher up." Hermione said.

Ginny started to cry. "We could've lost you." She sniffled.

"Oi. I'm alright. Don't cry." Ron said not knowing what to do to get her to stop crying. Hermione hugged her, knowing exactly what to do.
Lauren looked as lost as Ron. She never knew how to deal with other people crying. Whenever she cried she hugged herself, since no one else was there, so she imagined that worked.

"Draco's gonna get it for this." Harry said shaking his head.

"My bet is he'll get expelled." George added.
Lauren looked down.

"No offense Lauren, but I don't know what you see in the prick." Fred said annoyed.

"He's not her boyfriend." Ron defended her.

"Malfoy isn't going to get in trouble." Lauren added.

"I don't think any amount of money will save him this time." Harry smiled.

Lauren chuckled to herself.
She didn't wanna tell them that she was gonna take the blame.

"At least you're enjoying each other's company." George nudged Ron, making him blush.

"Hardly." Ron said snorting.

"I was actually having fun." Lauren said faking pain, knowing deep down that comment hurt.

Ron smiled at her.
"So Draco and you aren't dating?" Harry said pushing up his glasses.

"Absolutely not." Lauren smiled. "He's just my... best friend."