Chapter 31: Our King

We were against a brick wall, where he started tapping almost as if looking for something.
Finally he found the right one and the wall opened to a spiral staircase.

"Draco where the hell are you taking me?" I questioned yanking my hand from his grip.

"Oh don't pull a hissy, we're almost there." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the steps. The wall closing behind us.

"If you're planning on killing me you should've done that back in the dungeon."

"You don't think I'd actually hurt you, do you?" He chuckled and smirked.

"I don't know what to think anymore. Your dragging me through a wall up some stairs."

"You'll thank me when we arrive."

"When will we arrive? I'm not made for exercise." I panted.

We came to a stop in front of a cellar door and he opened it, only to be in some sort of closet. He opened another door and we finally stepped out into some sunlight.

"The astronomy tower?! We went through all that for the astronomy tower?" I yelled finally realizing where we were.

"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey."
He chuckled.

"The journey was rubbish."

He walked to the balcony and rested on it, looking down.

"It's a nicer view at night." He looked at me, slightly.

"I disagree. I quite like it in the daytime."

He laughed. "You always disagree with me. About absolutely everything."

"I make it my life goal." I smiled, looking over the balcony. "Why'd you bring me up here?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "To get away from everyone."

"...they say you have a soft spot for me." I smiled.

He didn't look at me but smiled. "They're lying."

"I think... you're lying to yourself. I think you're scared that you're actually letting a girl in."

"I think you're thinking too hard into this simple friendship we have."

"Simple!" I gasped, offended. "I don't see anything simple in this friendship."

"We have a simple friendship. You're just not used to having friends so you think you're special."

I didn't want to show it, but his words stung, cause he was right. I did think I was special, to him at least.

He knew from the silence that what he had said was a bit far, he opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him.

"You can say you don't care about me all you want, but deep down even though you don't want to show it, I know you care about me." I poked his cheek, smiling.

He chuckled and looked away back over the balcony. "I guess you're not completely wrong." He muttered.

I smiled and followed his gaze to whatever he was looking at. You both stayed up there a while, talking about nothing in particular.

"We should head back, we're heading to the quidditch game today." He turned around.

"And why was I not invited?" I stopped in front of him and crossed my arms.

"We didn't think you'd want to come. Not after your run in with the Weasel and his tick."

"Well, I intend on tagging along, if you don't mind. A couple of rude nits aren't gonna scare me away."
I followed him out.