Chapter 28: His Girl

Tonight, I found myself walking down the same hallway as the night before, a couple minutes earlier than needed. As I continued walking to Umbridge's I found Neville sitting on the stairwell, his head in his hands. I walked up to him and he looked up from his hands, hearing my foot steps.

"Please. I can't take more teasing." He pleaded, his voice raspy and hiding again. I didn't say anything but just sat next to him. He looked at me, with confusion. I wasn't sure what to do or why I was evening here, but I wrapped my arms around him. I could hear him sniffling into my shoulder and I rubbed his back, to comfort him.

"I know Draco can be an idiot at times." I whispered.

He continued sniffling, then I let him go and he looked away, clearly embarrassed. I took a tissue out my purse and handed it to him. He took it and mumbled out a 'Thanks'.

"My sister died in St. Mungo's." I finally spoke. He looked at me with doe eyes.

"My parents... they were tortured into insanity... by Death eaters." He looked at his hands.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I'm sorry too...about your sister. H-how did she die?"

I could see his hesitation, asking the daring question.
"She was killed, by-

"Lauren?" Our conversation was cut short by Harry and Ron. Neville and I stood up simultaneously.

"Hello Harry. Hello Ron."

"I-I better get going." Neville almost tripped up with his own feet, getting away.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked.

"I just thought maybe he needed a bit of company. Seemed upset."

"Never thought you'd be one to have a soft heart toward Longbottom." Ron snickered.

"Never thought you'd be one to make such stupid comments." I snickered back.

Harry glanced between us and smiled. "Cormac missed you at practice today." Harry quickly looked at Ron for a reaction.

"I don't know why, I let him know I wouldn't be able to go." I rolled my eyes. "Where's Hermione?" I was surprised she wasn't with them.

"Working on the cream for the scars." Harry said, looking down at his hand.

"Are you scared?" Ron asked.

"No. Another great quality of being Slytherin." I smiled smugly. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and gave me a look.
"I'm terrified." I chuckled lowly. "Honestly, I'm bloody terrified. I don't want to feel that pain anymore." I rubbed my hand.

"Yea, me either." Harry looked down.

"At least we're together." I nudged Harry.

"Ready for Friday?" Ron asked. Once again, I completely forgot about that stupid trip.

"You've forgotten haven't you?" Ron chuckled. "Is that yet another great thing of being Slytherin hmm? Forgetting important dates?"

"I haven't forgotten, it's just in the back of my head. I've had such a busy week. I hope Malfoy's done the homework." I groaned.

"Forgiven him already?" Harry questioned.

"We need each other. I can't stay mad at him." I tried hiding my slight smile.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Oh what a load of-

"Mr. Weasley, have I given you detention as well?" Umbridge asked startling all of us.