Chapter 2: I'm not new

I made my way towards Draco's usual compartment and opened the door. Crabbe and Goyle's eyes widened and their mouths slightly fell open. I hid my smile and made my way over to the seat, sitting in between them.

"Hello" I  smiled and waved at them both. They returned the smile and waved.

"Who are you?" Goyle asked his eyes were focused on me.

"Are you new?" Crabbe asked smiling at me.

I was about to open my mouth to speak.

"She's Lauren. And no she's not new she's been going here for five years now." Draco answered looking at them both. "How is it you two gits haven't noticed her before?"

"It's okay. I kinda hoped that no one would remember me from last year." I said making them laugh. My dad once told me if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anyone, so I had no issues making fun of myself.

"I would remember a pretty girl like you." Goyle smirked, making my blush appear.

"Come off it." Draco scoffed.

Just then Pansy opened the compartment door, I talked to her briefly last year. I wouldn't really call her my friend though.

"Hey Draco." She smiled fiercely at him. It amused me. I had heard that Pansy had quite a liking towards Draco. No matter how many girls Draco would cheat on her with, she'd come back.

Crabbe and Goyle giggled quietly, causing me to smile. Pansy looked over at Crabbe and Goyle and then finally noticed me and made a face.

"Who are you?" She asked, giving me a look and making her way toward Draco, sitting next to him.

"Lauren Carrington." I responded, before Draco could say anything else.

"Lauren? I remember you. You've changed a bit from last year. You were bigger back then." She was giving me an obvious fake smile.

"That's me." I gave her an exaggerated smile and pointed at myself. Draco smiled, looking at me.

"I think she's changed a lot, seeing how I didn't recognize her." Crabbe added.

"Thank you Crabbe. I appreciate that." I said in a joking/sarcastic tone. And he slightly blushed, I smiled.

Crabbe and Goyle asked me questions throughout the ride, still not believing that I wasn't new. Draco tried jumping in on the conversation, but Pansy would quickly end it and focus the attention back on her. I could tell that Pansy was getting annoyed, but I wasn't sure if it was because she felt excluded or threatened or both.

"You're hair is very dark." Crabbe touched a strand of my very curly hair.

"Great observation."

I looked over at Draco, Pansy was basically on top of him, petting his hair and touching his face. He tried to shoo away her hands but it was no use. I snorted at the sight and quickly realized I snorted. Crabbe and Goyle noticed what I laughed at and attempted to hide their laugh. Pansy shot us all a look quickly shutting me up.

"Want to go somewhere more private, Dracy?" She asked smiling at him innocently. Dracy? Cute.

"Actually do you think you could get me water from a cart?" Draco asked, trying to pull himself away.

"Anything for you." She smiled, causing my eyebrows to raise to the ceiling at her comment.

When she left, Draco was able to relax in his seat.
"You have your hands full with that one." I chuckled.

"I'll say." Crabbe added in a very low voice.

"Are we almost there? I don't know how much more of her I can take." He asked looking out the window.