Chapter 26: Detention

I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face as I closed the door. All I wanted was for Ron to claim me. To speak for what he wanted and not let Cormac have a chance. Had the kiss on the cheek not been enough? I rolled my eyes, annoyed at Ron. I could see that he had a problem with Cormac's flirting so why didn't he say anything? I shrugged it off and put my hair up. I made my way to the Great Hall, nervous, knowing Draco would be ready to tease me about today.

However when I walked in I was surprised to see everyone but him. I sat down and looked at Crabbe with confusion.

"I think hanging out with us is a bad influence." He joked.

"I think that's the first time I've heard you get in trouble." Goyle added laughing.

"Happy to see you find my humiliation amusing, anyway, where's Draco?"

"Not sure, he seemed sort of bothered by something." Crabbe responded with a full mouth, earning an elbow from Goyle.

"Did you ask where he was going?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Why? So he could yell at us to shove off?" Goyle retorted.

"So... Draco's missing and I'm the only one who's concerned?" I questioned.

"He's not missing... just misplaced." Blaise added taking a seat where Draco usually sat. I made an annoyed face and Blaise took notice. "Alright look, this isn't the first nor last time he's wandered off. I'm sure he just wanted some time to himself." He explained.

I let out a sigh. "Well I'm not just gonna wait here." I got up from the bench.

"Where are you going?" Goyle asked stuffing his mouth.

"I don't recommend looking for him. If he's alone it's cause he wants to be." Blaise yelled out.

"Well I'm not gonna let him." I walked out. I looked everywhere I could. I walked to the dungeon, library, Room of Requirements, I shouted his name in the boys loo, and I even looked outside. I was starting to run out of ideas but stumbled into the owlery where I saw him sitting with a letter in his hand.

"Draco?" I asked trying to get his attention.
As he saw me, he quickly hid the letter in his coat.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, standing up.

"I was gonna ask the same."

"I-I uh got a letter from my parents." He seemed unusual. He was on edge, which wasn't like him.

"Are you alright?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He chuckled, dusting himself off and walking towards me.

"Cause you were sitting in a room filled with owls."

"They're actually quite nice company." He joked.

The bell rang. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and lead me out. I could tell he was trying to brush this off as nothing.

"Walk me to detention?" I asked smiling.

He chuckled. "It's you, you should worry about. Guess I'm rubbing off on you." He joked. He still had his hand around me and gave me a slight squeeze.

"I walked around the whole school, looking for you. Went outside and inside, even considered entering the boys loo."

"Missed me that much?" He chuckled, smirking.

On the opposite end of the hall, Harry was walking with Ron and Hermione.

I could hear Draco growl and saw him give them a scowl. His grip on me tightened.