Chapter 5: Infirmary

I opened my eyes slightly. The bright lights hurt my eyes, so I opened them just enough to see Draco sitting at the corner of my bed. His elbows on his knees, looking down. I tried to sit up, but immediately stopped and winced when I felt a horrible pain on my lower back.

"Lauren!" Draco said, getting up and running out the door yelling for Madam Pomfrey.

I looked at the bed next to me and saw Ron laying unconscious. I looked at him, and felt relief. If he was dead they would've taken out his body by now, so he's still alive. To think he said I was a horrible person.
My attention turned to the door, when I heard it open. Madam Pomfrey walked in with McGonagall, Snape and Draco at her heals.

"Where's the pain, dear?" Madam Pomfrey asked taking my hand.

"My lower back."

"You're lucky you're not in a full body cast. You broke almost all the bones in your back." She smiled.

"But you did a good deed." McGonagall interrupted, giving me a sweet smile. "I don't think Ron would be here right now if you hadn't caught him."

"She's right Ms. Carrington, you should be proud of yourself." Snape said. He wasn't really smiling but he also didn't have the normal sneer. I smiled. Draco was standing behind them looking at the ground.

"How is he?" I asked, Draco looked up at me.

"He'll be fine. He broke most bones on his left side since that's where he landed, but it's minor compared to what could've happened." Madam Promfey said, letting go of my hand, to give me a pill.

"Now, about what happened." McGonagall's face turned stern.

"It was my fault." I responded. Draco looked at me and shook his head. "I was upset, because Ron had called me a slimy Slytherin. It was a small joke that went too far."

Snape squinted at me. I gave him a small smile.

"Well then, we'll talk about this when Ron wakes up." McGonagall said. "I hope you feel better soon." She walked out.

Snape looked at me and got closer.
"Ms. Carrington I can hardly believe that you're responsible for this incident. But if you are willing to take the fall that's on you." He said "get some rest." walked out.

"How are you feeling? You took a slight fall" Draco asked, coming back up to my bed.

"I should slap you for saying that." I shook my head at Draco.

"We only meant for the Weasel to get hurt, not you." He said, giving me forced apologetic eyes.
I just looked at him and laughed.

"That's the worst apology I've ever heard."

"I'm not the best at apologizing, but it's sincere." He took my hand.
"You don't have to take the fall, we were gonna say it was Crabbe."

"Some loyalty you all have going on." I said amused. "It's alright, they know I'm taking the fall so I'm sure they'll give me a light punishment."

Draco smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

"What time is it anyways?" I asked.

"It's 8:00 I should probably get going, let you get some rest." He said getting up from my side. "After that very slight fall you took."