Chapter 27: Painfully Painless

Cormac walked in with the same stupid smirk he had yesterday. I felt the fluster in my stomach but not as potent as yesterday. I could see Ron tense up beside me and heard Harry huff behind us.

"Morning doll." Cormac walked up and put his arm around me. I slightly smiled and looked over at Ron, who at this point had his arms crossed.

"Good morning Cormac." I tried to subtly shuffle out of his grasp. "I don't think it's ideal for Draco to find your arm around me."

He chuckled, looked down and then looked at me. "I understand. He's protective over you. Same way I feel."

I felt my cheeks redden. Ron rolled his eyes and went to take a seat. "I won't be able to come watch you play today."

"I heard. Two days of detention. I don't think you're under the right influences." He chuckled, looking back to Harry and Ron.

"I don't think they're the issue." I took a seat and turned away from them, when I could hear Draco's voice.

Draco walked in and his eyes quickly found Cormac's, when he saw Cormac standing a little to close, for his taste.

"Thought I told you to stay away." Draco looked at his wand.

Cormac put his hands up in surrender and took a seat, and as if he couldn't get more stupid he managed to shoot a wink at me. I thought Draco would've taken notice, but saw him walking to his seat next to me.

"How's the hand?" He asked, not looking me in the eye.

"Same way it was during breakfast. It's only been a couple minutes."

"What I get for trying to be nice." He muttered under his breath.

I chuckled. "You're gonna have to write my notes. I'm in far too much pain to use my hand." I joked.

"Shame I was gonna ask the same from you."

I chuckled and opened my notebook. I could see him staring at the scar and decided to cover it up with my sleeve.

"Good luck dealing with her today."

"I don't need your good luck Draco, I need a miracle." I bit my lip thinking back to the pain I went through yesterday.

"You're as dumb as you look."

"Rich coming from you." I retorted, making him chuckle.

"I can't believe I'm doing all this work, yet I'm getting nothing in return."

"Does my friendship mean nothing to you?"

He rolled his eyes. "I was thinking you could make it up to me." He whispered. His demeanor changed quickly. I leaned back to take a look at his face and saw him smirking and send a wink. I laughed and then looked at him.

"I'll call Pansy over." I whispered back. I heard him chuckle.

"Not really who I want." He put his arm on my chair and scooted my chair slightly closer to his, making a screeching sound that turned some eyes to us.

"Are you trying your absolute hardest to get me a third day of detention?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Just thought you were too far away that's all." He smirked. There were a couple things that annoyed me about Draco. His devilish smirk being one of them. It was usually after a flirtatious comment and it never failed to make my stomach knot.  Sometimes I could completely come undone by Draco, but other times I saw him only as a friend. I knew to keep my heart locked up around Draco and Cormac. They were the type to mess with you and leave you. Ron, however, would never do that. I knew he wouldn't, especially not me.