Chapter 3: She's No Different

I woke up and made my way to the bathroom. I tripped twice and cried bloody murder when I stubbed my toe against Pansy's stupid suitcase. I looked in the mirror, smiled and brushed my teeth. I changed into clothing. I wore grey leggings, a black long sleeved shirt and my oggs. I grabbed my purse and made my way downstairs. I saw Draco, Crabbe and Goyle sitting on the couch.

"Are you guys waiting for meeee?" I asked with a flutter in my voice. I limped down the stairs towards them. "What happened to you?" Draco asked amused. "I'm a very clumsy person Malfoy. Always have been." I said finally next to him.
"Something tells me your milking it." He said smiling. "You look nice." Crabbe said blushing. I smiled. "Really? I thought I resembled Mother Gothel." I said causing them to burst into laughter. From my experience I had only seen Malfoy laugh when he was torturing others. I was bewildered by this new guy.

The four of us made our way to breakfast. As soon as I walked in, guys who I walked by, greeted me. It was still new to me so I would awkwardly smile at them. I sat down and slightly turned to the Gryffindor table. There they were. Ron Weasley and Harry Potter, staring. How rude I thought to myself. He had the audacity to stare at me after what he had said. I looked away. Crabbe brought me a muffin and I said thanks. I took a small bite out of it and when I tasted how good it was I stuffed it in my mouth. Crabbe and Goyle looked amused. "It's not nice to stare." I said covering my mouth.
"I just never thought I'd meet a girl who liked food like me." Crabbe said.
"Well then hi." I said extending my hand to him, he laughed with Goyle, while shaking it.

"What's your first class?" Draco asked.
"History of Magic." I said still eating.
"Do you want that?" I asked looking at the muffin on his plate, Draco shook his head no and I happily took it.
"You?" I said covering my mouth.
"Same." He said and we both smiled.
"I have it too." Goyle said
"Yea same." Crabbe said after looking at his schedule 
"Well I guess History will be fun seeing as how they placed us in the same class. They put us all in a class together and expect us to still act civilized." I said and caused laughter not only from them but a few other students around me.
"What do you guys have?" I asked taking another bite of Draco's muffin.
"History of Magic." One of the guys said.
"I'm telling you, this is their worst mistake." I said causing them to laugh again.

All you could hear was laughter coming from the Slytherin table.
"They're laughing." Harry said
"And they're not torturing a poor sap." Ron added.
"Lauren's really funny." Hermione said. "She used to make me laugh in Arithmancy 1. I wonder if she's taking it again this year?"
There was another roar of laughter. This time some guys in Ravenclaw got up and went over to the Slytherin table near Lauren. They were all laughing.
"She can't be that funny." Ron said looking towards the Slytherin table. Suddenly two familiar faces appeared in front of Ron.

"Still staring I see." Fred said.
"We're just looking at what all the commotion is about." Harry said.
"It's Lauren. We managed to sneak over there without the snakes seeing us." George said.
"Funny girl. Odd. But funny." Fred said
"And get this Ron she also has a passion for food like someone we're familiar with." George said winking at Ron. Ron just rolled his eyes.
"Oi! Harry what class do you have?" Ron said quickly turning to Harry.
"History of Magic. You?" Harry asked.
"Same." Ron said smiling
"What about you Hermione?" Harry asked
"I have Defense Against the Dark Arts and Arithmancy II, for my second."
"At least we have our other classes together." Harry said.

Another roar of laughter interrupted their talk. This time when they looked up almost half of the school was at the Slytherin table.
"I don't believe it." Ron said.
"It's funny how there are no Gryffindor students over there." Harry said chuckling.
"Wipe your glasses mate, Andrew, Neville and Max are over there." George said.
Harry and Ron squinted and there they saw them, laughing.
"What a bunch of traitors." Ron said. "Gryffindors sitting with slimy, no good Slytherins."
Hermione rolled her eyes.
"They're not sitting. They're standing." Fred said
Harry gave Ron an amused face. The bell rang for first class and the crowd was still following Lauren and Draco.