Chapter 29: Arguments

Thursday went by uneventful, like promised Ron and I met up for a study session, but other than that not much else happened. We simply spoke about the trip we were to take the following day. Something that I had grown quite nervous about, knowing it'd be Ron and I and the creature in the forest. We had agreed to meet up at Hagrid's directly after dinner. He briefly talked to me about some already occurring issues between him and Lavender, which was music to my ears. He went on and on about how embarrassing it was to be called 'Won Won' in public and I honestly couldn't agree more.

I woke up Friday morning, later than usual. I changed into black leggings and a black shirt, accompanied by my white fur coat. I put on my usual jewelry and quickly made my way down.

"Someone's feeling a bit extra today." Goyle smiled, eyeing the giant fur coat on myself.

I twirled around. "I'll take it as a compliment."

"Hate to ruin the show, but we're gonna be late." Draco crossed his arms, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Late? Late for what?" I knew there was no way I'd woken up late enough to miss breakfast.

"We're gonna watch the Gryffindors practice. Need something to laugh at." Goyle explained, smiling giddily.
"And what better to do than to watch the blood-traitors fail." Crabbe added.

I smiled and nodded, agreeing. Sure it was a bit mean to say that, but I was eager to watch Ron play. I hadn't seen him play since the fall we took near the beginning of the semester.

"What about breakfast?" I questioned, following them out. I wasn't willing to miss breakfast, just to have a light gag.

"Not to worry, we've brought food." Crabbe opened up his coat, along with Goyle, revealing food, hidden in their pockets. I smiled, clapping my hands in excitement.

"I've heard that the Weasel's a rubbish player." I said, wanting to hear their opinions on him.

"That's cause he is." Draco smirked, looking back at me.

"He's awful, had to cheat his way onto the team." Goyle added. From what I heard they'd all said Ron was absolute rubbish, but that was coming from people who weren't particularly fond of him.

We walked onto the field and made our way to the stands. Ron and I's gaze met immediately as we walked along. He had his arm around Lavender's shoulder and she was jumping up and down. He gave me a small smile and a short wave, I smiled back but continued walking. Lavender, of course took notice of this, and was quick to shoot me a glare. I rolled my eyes and made my way up the steps to the benches.

I didn't like Lavender, the reason being clear, so I quite enjoyed the fact that she didn't like me either.

"Do you miss being on a broom?" Crabbe turned to ask me. He must've noticed how intently I was staring at the players.

"At times. But I enjoy having my two feet on the floor much more than dangling in the air."
Ever since the fall I took, I had a slight fear of heights. I was shocked when Ron told me, he would continue playing.

A couple other Slytherins from the quidditch team arrived to watch with us. I knew they were talking but I couldn't really understand what about, my focus being on Ron. He wasn't up very high and was watching what Angeline was doing. I could see Lavender climbing up the steps to sit in the seat in front of us. I groaned and rolled my eyes as she walked up. I guess the feeling was mutual, cause she gave me an obvious fake smile. We were well into conversation, when her sudden screeches for Ron's attention interrupted us. I looked at her in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding me." I shook my head, glaring at the back of her head, hoping it'd explode.

"Some girl he's got." Draco laughed.