Chapter 30: Night Out

Dinner came around, and my nerves started getting the best of me. I'd have to see Ron after this. We were meeting in Hagrid's hut, I hadn't spoken to him nor dared to meet his eye. Even though I agreed to not completely forget about him, I still wanted an apology.

"So where are you going after lunch?" Draco questioned near the end of dinner.

"I have a meeting with Headmaster Dumbledore tonight and I won't be back till late, so don't wait up." I explained.

"What's the meeting about? Is it about you and Lavender."

"No no no, it's about my parents, not sure what." I took a bite of my chicken. "Said it's important."

Draco, Goyle and Crabbe looked at each other, with a sort of knowing look.

"What?" I chuckled looking at them.

"Nothing." Draco quickly said back.

I found it odd, but didn't want to question it as long as they believed me. I excused myself early and went to the dorm, to grab a bigger coat. I put my hair in a bun, wanting it out of my face and put on some sneakers instead. I wore my jeans with a Slytherin stripe on the side and a white long sleeved shirt to match my shoes. When I was satisfied with my appearance I made my way out.

The walk was long and lonely. Ron and I were originally planning to make the walk to Hagrid's together, but the day decided against it.

As I was approaching his hut, I could see Ron from the window. I knocked and was greeted by Hagrid's big smile. How come every time we were at Hagrid's we were never happy with each other.

"Hello Hagrid." I smiled.

"Lauren!" He opened his arms. I prepared myself to be suffocated. "We've 'een 'pecting ya." He put me down.

"Sorry I'm late, the walk was longer than I expected it to be."

"Ya should've came with Ron. It's dark out there, could've 'een hurt."

That was the original plan, but I still wasn't too keen on seeing Ron. Not before a proper apology at least.
"Yea, I should've." I didn't look Ron in the eye, but I could see him tuck his hands in his pockets.

"Well I've made a plan." He signaled for Ron and I to sit down. "All ya 'ave ta do is spread this around."

He handed us what looked like sugar or salt in a pouch.
"Ya just need to spread it out. I'll trap it when I come back."

"Trap what?" Ron asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm not sure. I'll tell ya one ting tho' it's not dangerous. Nothing ya need ta be scared off." He explained.
I wasn't really buying it, but I came here to help and spreading whatever he gave us didn't seem like much trouble.

"Ya don't need ta go too far. I'll be back very soon, no need to worry." He grabbed his satchel and walked out the door. We turned to look at each other, but I quickly looked away and made my way outside. I closed the door, only for it to be opened. I heard foot steps behind me, but refused to turn around.

I could hear him huffing. I couldn't believe he actually had the audacity to have an attitude, when he was at fault. I rolled my eyes, but continued walking quicker, spreading the 'sugar' every now and then.

"Will you slow down, before you get lost." He groaned out.

I didn't say anything back and continued stomping away from him.

"Fine! Get lost! See if I care." Even though I was farther from him, I could still here his quiet steps, which slightly calmed my nerves.

I stopped when I saw something odd on a tree. It was a green slime. Against my best judgement, I reached to grabbed it. Just as my hand reached the green slime, I fell through the tree, somewhere else. Great! I looked around and realized it was the same forest but, weird enough it was darker. I could hear heavy footsteps around me. The light from my wand was no use against the darkness. Even though I wasn't sure where I was I suddenly heard my name being called.