Chapter 15: Likes

Ron walked back towards where Fred and George were standing.

"She likes you." George said softly hitting his shoulder.

"I don't know what you mean." Ron said rubbing his shoulder.

"Ron you can't get any more oblivious." George shook his head.

"She said that she wishes to see you in your pajamas." Fred said. "Girls don't just say that to their brothers."

"She hasn't got any siblings." Ron said helping them gather their things.

"My golly Ron. The girl wants to be back in the infirmary with you. She added 'with you' to her statement." George was amazed at how things went over Ron's head.

"It's no secret that you fancy her mate." Fred smirked.

"I do not fancy her. She's a Slytherin." Ron said defensively.

"Ron before her, we've never seen you look at anyone the way you look at her." Fred said grabbing Ron's shoulders. "your mouth is wide open and your eyes start to glisten. I get scared you're gonna start drooling mate."

"And now, there's a chance that what may be the prettiest girl in school may actually fancy an oaf like you and you're completely oblivious about it." George said hitting Ron on the back of the head, before walking out with Fred.

Ron stood there thinking. Could there be a chance that she liked him? He never thought he'd end up liking a snake. Out of all the boys in school, did she fancy him? Or were his brothers just pulling his tail. He shook off the idea.

"There's no way that she likes me." Ron started heading out the library.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." The librarian said.

Ron turned around to her.
"It's none of my business, but if I may. I've seen Lauren walk in here almost everyday of her life the last few years and not once have I seen her look at someone the way she looks at you. Clearly I'm not the only who sees it." She said.

Ron smiled at her.

"She may be a Slytherin and you may be a Gryffindor, but that shouldn't stop young love." The librarian said getting up from her desk and putting away some books.

Ron blushed.
"Love?" He thought to himself. "I don't even know how I feel about the girl."
He walked out the library. An even more alarming thought came to his head. Was it really that noticeable that even the librarian saw it? Was it so bad to like Lauren? Everyone else did. Why couldn't he?
He walked to the common room and entered.

"Ron was your date?" Harry asked sitting up from the couch.

"Interrupted." He said looking at his brothers. "But it wasn't a date." Ron sat down next to him.

"What's this? I didn't know you bought anything." Harry asked looking at the bag.

"He didn't. He doesn't have enough money to buy a chocolate bar." Fred said.

Ron shot him a look, Fred just smiled at him and continued playing chess with George.

"Lauren bought it for you." Hermione said getting excited. "What is it?" She asked walking over.

Ron opened the bag and pulled out the pajamas.
Harry smiled. "I see she likes to spend money on her boyfriends."

"I am NOT her boyfriend." Ron tried hiding his smile.

"She bought you these? They're like 20 Galleons!" Hermione said not being able to control her smile.

"You forget she's a Carrington, Hermione. They're richer than the Malfoys." George said.