Chapter 8: Goodbyes

We were both starting to yawn.

"Wanna sleep?" Ron asked in a disappointing voice.
I did but at the same time I didn't.

"Yea I guess." I got from his bed and made my way over to my bed.

"Goodnight Weasley." I said, very sadly. I felt so much disappointment. I had gotten attached to him. It was gonna be hard to just say goodbye to that bond we created.

"Goodnight Lauren." He said back.

I was gonna miss him. I grew close to him the past few days. Maybe even closer than I was to Malfoy. I slowly drifted to sleep.

I heard a loud crash and sat up.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked. The noise had awoke him too.

"I-I don't know." I said. He got up and turned on the lights.

"What are you doing?" I asked getting up too.
He grabbed the broom stick.

"Looking to see what it is."

"Wait!" I said coming up behind him.

There was another loud crash that made us both jump. Out of instinct I grabbed his arm. He looked down at my hand around his arm and went red.

I didn't care I was too scared to let go

I didn't care I was too scared to let go. We heard another sound. And he pulled me behind him a bit, I was still attached close to his arm.

"Lauren?" We heard a familiar voice whisper loudly, coming from behind the door.

"Malfoy!?!" I said equally as loud. I let go of Ron. And in walked Malfoy.

"That's even worse than an intruder." Ron said.

I laughed quietly and turned to look at Ron and smiled. He smiled back.
I walked up to Malfoy.

"Malfoy, What are you doing here it's like 3am?" I asked.

"I know but I had to come and see how you were." Draco said smiling. Ron rolled his eyes and walked back to bed.

"Malfoy why are you constantly worrying about me. I'm fine, I'll be out in a couple hours." I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. He smirked.

"I brought you these." He handed me more chocolate

"Malfoy. You are greatly appreciated." I said eagerly taking them.

"I have to go. I just wanted to see you once more before tomorrow."

"You've gone through all that trouble for 30 seconds?"

"I'm just glad that you're appreciative." He smirked.

"He's a complete git." Ron said.

I walked over to Ron's bed and laid down next to him.
"Want some chocolate?" I asked.