Chapter 20: Professor Snape and Ron

Saturday came faster than I expected it to. I woke up early and changed into normal clothing. I put up my hair, annoyed by it today. I put on a silk shirt that slightly fell off my shoulders and wore dark jeans. I made my way downstairs.

"Good morning." I smiled at the guys who waited for me.

They looked up at me and their mouths hung slightly open, making me blush.

"Y-your hair looks nice." Crabbe said. He gulped and slightly backed up when I reached them.

"Thanks." I smiled. "Ready for breakfast?" I asked putting my purse over my shoulder.

Draco smirked. "Yea lets go."

I walked out with the usual huddle. I hadn't expected to gain so much acknowledgement over my hair being up, but it felt nice.

"You sure you don't wanna come with us today." Goyle asked.

"I would, but I'd rather stay here and ask Professor Snape for help with my assignments." I wasn't gonna tell them the real truth. I really was staying for help from Snape, but also to attend a secret meeting.

"At least it'll give us time to do some birthday shopping." Draco said taking a bite out of his toast.

"I told you guys you didn't have to get me anything."

"And we said we were." Crabbe said.

"You are, coming tomorrow right? It's the last trip before Christmas break." Goyle asked.

"I am."

"Why do you need help anyways? Don't you have like a perfect grade in his class?" Draco asked.

"Not yet. That's why I'm staying to see if he'll have pity and just give me a few extra points." I explained.

"Don't you think that maybe your trying a bit too hard." Goyle smiled.

"No. I'm aiming for perfection Goyle. Nothing less."

The bell rang shortly after and they made their way to Hogsmeade. Pansy was going with Draco but I didn't really care since I wasn't going. I was making my way to Professor Snape's classroom.

I had always thought of Snape as a father figure. He showed recognition in very subtle ways and it wasn't too often but when he did, you knew he truly meant it. I had done study sessions before and he had always managed to help me with issues I was having. I knew everyone saw him as a selfless jerk, but I saw a different person from them. I saw that in Draco too.
I knocked on the door and waited for him to say I could come in.

"Ms. Carrington come in." He said allowing me in.

I walked in and took a seat in the chair in front of his desk. "Thank you for making the time out of your day to help." I smiled.

"Oh please Ms. Carrington, it was either this or grade the first years' tests alone." He didn't look up from the work he was doing. I smiled.

"I'm not sure I understand why you'd be in the need of help. You get a perfect score in almost all the assignments and tests your given."

"That's why I've come to ask for your help. I want to know what I haven't gotten a perfect score in."

He got up and walked over to one of the closets and opened it. He pulled out a box of files and pulled one that had my name on it. He opened it and handed it to me. It had all the assignments I had done this year in this class. I scanned through it and saw almost all papers with a red 100 on the corner. Then I stopped at one with a 92 on it. I pulled it out and saw that it was a test.