Chapter 23: The Birthday Special 2

I walked with a fast pace outside, having to sneak out given the time. I walked out, stumbling through the thick snow on the ground. As I continued walking I could finally see a Ron-like figure standing, looking over at the Black Lake. I rolled my eyes frustrated to be out in the cold, over his stupid fit.

"RON!" I yelled angrily, not a shed of sympathy in my voice.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled back, quickly walking away.

"Ron! You complete twat! Stop walking away!" I picked up my speed.

"Lauren leave!"

"Leave? Are you bloody kidding me?!" I got angry and in a burst of anger, grabbed some snow, shaped it and threw it with all my strength at him.

It his shoulder and caused him to stop. "Are you mad?!" He asked turning around, dusting off the snow.

"Are you!? You've been acting like a complete goof all day! What could I have possibly done wrong this time?" I threw smaller snowballs at him with each word. He tried blocking them, but they'd just hit his hands.

I finally made it up to him and I looked up, angry as could be. "It's my birthday and you've said nothing to me. I don't care if you didn't get me a bloody well gift, I just wanted you to say something." I hit his chest, now that I was close enough to do so.
He looked down kicking the snow not looking at me.

"Ron!" I yelled, catching his attention.

He looked up at me his eyebrows furrowed. "Want me to say something? Here!" He shoved a small box and a card in my hands. I slowly opened it, startled, as he continued ranting.

"There's your stupid gift! But just know before you laugh, that I never wanted to give it to you! You're the one who came out here looking for trouble!" His face was red and he was flailing his arms around like mad. But when I looked inside and saw the chocolate frog, I couldn't understand why he was angry. He continued yelling about something and I opened the card.

Favorite Chocolate From Your Favorite Person

I'd never read anything more lovely in my life. He truly was my favorite person, even if he was a complete sniveling git. I looked up at him but he refused to look me in the eye. He still looked angry and frustrated, but I couldn't understand why. His was  chest was moving up and down quickly, it was obvious he was breathing hard.

"It's a stupid present." His words made me raise an eyebrow. He didn't look at me, his focus was on the gift in my hands.
"Oh Ron." I stepped forward and hugged him. My hands were around his waist, holding him close to me. I snuggled my head into his neck, my forehead lightly touching his neck and hugged him tightly. I could feel his heart racing fast, against my chest and slowly he brought his arms around me and hugged me back. We stood there longer than necessary, but it somehow felt necessary. I didn't want to let go of this moment. I pulled back slightly and kissed him on the cheek, before pulling all the way back. He went red and pale at the same time. His eyes widened, to wear I thought his eyes'd dry up from the cold, and his hand cupped where I had pecked him.

"This is what you were scared to give me?" I asked holding out the chocolate. "Ron... you truly are the biggest goof I know."

He blushed even more. "It's doesn't compare to what Malfoy's got you."

"He bought me boots Ron, sure I love them... but you remembered. Those nights we shared were something special to me, and you remembered my chocolate. My favorite chocolate. That doesn't compare to what Draco's gotten me."