Chapter 21: A Good Trip

"I honestly thought you'd think I was going mad." Ron chuckled.

"Oh I do. I'd just rather you go mad with Hagrid there instead of it just being me."

"No need to be rude. Laurie."

"My name is not Laurie, Ron. It's simply an alias that my parents call me by. And I do not appreciate you using it."

"I hate when you do that. You throw all these big words at me and make me think harder than I have to. Why can't you just say nickname?"

"It's called vocabulary Ronald. My parents have always expected me to use the finest of words. Another great thing about being a Slytherin." I said proudly.

Ron groaned and rolled his eyes.

He knocked on Hagrid's hut and we waited for him to answer the door.

"Ron? Lauren? Whatar ya doing 'ere?" He asked allowing us in.

"We wanted to ask about the other night in the forest." Ron said.

"What about it?" Hagrid asked.

"What ever happened to the thing that stalked us?" I questioned.

He looked at us and smiled. "Are ya up for a field trip on a Friday night?"

"Not really." Ron answered.

"I am." I was curious to know what I would see on the trip. Ron turned to look at me in disbelief.

"The ting is, I don't know what it is. But we can figure it out. If Dumbledore finds out, he'll most likely have it killed to protect ya, but if we find it first, to see if it's dangerous we won't need to tell him."

"Have you gone mad?" Ron asked.

"I say we do it." I interjected. Ron looked at me, the same way he looked at Hagrid. As if we'd both gone mad.

"That's the spirit!" Hagrid pulled me in for a hug, picking me off my feet as usual.

"What? No! It's too dangerous!" Ron said stopping our excitement.

"It won't be. Hagrid'll be there to keep us safe."

"Actually I won't." I quickly regretted my decision. "I have to attend a staff meeting."

"I'm still up for it." I was a bit nervous but not too much.

"Atta girl." Hagrid patted me head as if I was dog.

"You've actually gone insane. You'll get killed if you go out there." Ron objected. He was a bit convincing, but my mind was already set.

"So come with me and keep me safe."

"I will not. And I won't attend the funeral either." He crossed his arms.

"Well I'm still doing it. Us Slytherins are naturally born with luck. And we're not cowards."

Ron rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Oh that's absolute rubbish."

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well Hagrid thanks for everything. I'll see you Friday night." I said walking out.

"Hagrid you can't possibly let her do this."

"The creature is not dangerous. I know it's not. You're girlfriend will be fine." Hagrid winked.

"She is not my girlfriend!" Ron walked out and briefly ran to catch up with her.

"Don't do this." Ron said stopping her.