Chapter 11: Visits

I'm not really feeling this chapter but I don't know how to fix it. If you have suggestions let me know. I promise it'll get better.

I woke up extra early the next morning. I quietly changed into nice clothes and exited the dungeon. I made my way to the headmaster's office. I knocked on the door and Harry opened.

"Lauren?"

"Harry?"

He let me in.

"Ms. Carrington, please come in, have a seat." Dumbledore said.
"To what do I owe the visit?" Dumbledore asked smiling.

"Uhhh...I wanted to ask for permission to see my parents today." I said smiling.

Harry looked over at me and I looked at him and smiled. If Malfoy could see me now he'd laugh at me. Asking Dumbledore for permission. Slytherins were known for not having respect towards Dumbledore, but my parents didn't really raise me like that. Always show respect no matter who it is.

Dumbledore looked at me and smiled.
"Yes, of course. Your parents owled me yesterday asking if you could go."

I was gonna get up but I wanted to ask him so many questions about me and everything. He must've saw the struggle on my face.

"Something tells me that you didn't just come down here for permission. What's troubling you
Ms. Carrington?" Dumbledore asked.

I hesitated. I looked at Harry and he look back at me giving me a small smile.

"Harry. Can you give us a minute." Dumbledore asked. Harry nodded and made his way to the exist.

"Bye Lauren."

"Bye Harry."

I sat back down.

"I'm a Slytherin, and as a Slytherin I can't talk to Gryffindors, but what if my friend is in Gryffindor?" I asked.

Dumbledore stroked his beard. "It's hard to follow something when your heart isn't set on it. Ron isn't a bad person, but it would seem a bit odd for a Slytherin to be around him."

I was amazed. How did he know that I was talking about Ron.

"Did the sorting hat make a mistake?" I asked.

"New experiences change who you are, but they never change who you truly are." Dumbledore said.

"So no matter what I do, I'll still be a bad person?" I asked, getting worried.

"But that's where you're wrong Ms. Carrington. Not all Slytherins are truly bad. I usually have a keen eye for things and when I look at you, I don't see bad. I see confusion. Why?"

I hesitated to say everything, but I let it go.

"Ron wants us to act like how we acted in the infirmary, but he doesn't understand that I can't be seen hanging around him. I'm Slytherin."

"And what's so bad about Ron?" Dumbledore questioned.

"Nothing, he's a good bloke. But he's a Gryffindor and..."

"If Ron and you want to be friends I'm sure that you will both find a way to meet each other. Don't get too caught up on what others think." He said. "Now are you ready to see your parents?"

I nodded my head. He showed me to the fireplace and I used floo powder to get home.

When I got there my mom came running to me and gave me a hug.

"We've missed you." She said tearing up.

"I'm missed you too. Where's dad?" I asked.

"Up in the office. He's almost done with work." She said.