Chapter 4: Quidditch

A week passed. They had gotten sort of used to the roaring laughter at the Slytherin table. Try outs were today and both Ron and Lauren were scared.
"I feel like I'm gonna be sick." Ron told Harry. Ron was green and kept rubbing his stomach.

"Don't worry Ron, you'll do great." Harry patted his shoulder.

"And if I don't."

"Then we'll just banish you from our family." George said sitting down next him. Ron looked at Harry, worried as ever.
"Fine. We won't banish you. We'll just ignore your presence." Fred added.

"Oh they're just messing with you Ron." Harry said.
"You'll do fine."

"That's what I'm hoping." Ron said putting his head down.

I was sick to my stomach when I woke up. Today was the day I would either make the team or become a laughing stock again. I didn't even wanna go to breakfast, and it was probably my favorite part of the day. A week had passed and I had gotten closer to Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. I would almost be willing to call Malfoy my best pal. But today I didn't feel like doing anything. Try outs were making me sick to my stomach with worry. I finally got up and pushed myself to the Great Hall. I walked in and like clockwork, the usual huddle of people formed around me. But today that was the last thing I'd complain about, I needed my spirits lifted.

"What's wrong, you look sick?" Draco blurted as I sat down next to him.

"You sure know how to whoo a lady."

He smirked at me.

"I'm just maybe a little nervous about today." I said, eating a muffin to calm my nerves.

"I thought you said you were good?" Draco retorted.

"That's what I think, but what if it turns out I'm bad, like you are in potions." I joked, making Crabbe chuckle.

"I'm not that bad in Potions. You're overthinking it Lauren." Draco gave me an amused look.

"I'm sure you'll do fine." Someone said a little bit further down the table.

"Yea! We'll be there for support." Someone else said.

"And if you suck, we won't tell you directly." Draco added.

"Wow, you're too kind." I said leaning against my hand.

The bell rang and we made our way to class. I sat down and Mr. Binns soon told everyone around me to take a seat. I was stressed and definitely did not want to be in class today.
"You'll do fine Lauren." Draco said, putting his hand on my back. I leaned onto my chair so he could get the hint to move his hand. I didn't want him getting any ideas.
"I hope so." I said smiling at him.

"Pssssst." I said kinda loudly at Crabbe. He looked at me. "Did you do the homework?" I asked in a low voice. His eyes widened and he palmed his face. I chuckled at the look on his face.

"No. Did you?" He asked with a worried look.

"Don't worry buddy I got you're back." I whispered pulling it out of my folder.

He was writing so quickly that he accidentally spilled the ink onto our papers. My mouth dropped and Goyle and Draco burst into laughter. I turned to look at Draco, with a confused look, causing him to laugh even harder. I looked at Crabbe and his eyes were wide and his mouth open like mine.

"Lauren... I am...so sorry. I did not mean to do that." Crabbe said starting to laugh, I started laughing myself.

I slightly turned and saw Harry attempting to hold in his laugh. However Ron, was with his head down to the side, looking frightened. I guessed it was also because of try outs. He caught me looking at him and I quickly turned back around.
"You have some of the worst luck I've seen." Draco said trying to control his laugh. Class ended soon after that. I turned in nothing for homework earning a look of disappointment from Mr. Binns.