Chapter 16: The Heavy Hand

I woke up the next morning to the laughter of three girls. It was Pansy and two other girls laughing. They looked at me and started whispering. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. I stretched and made my way to the bathroom. I decided to take a quick shower before heading down for breakfast. When I got out I changed into a white long sleeved shirt and skinny jeans. I wore a diamond necklace and grabbed my brand new Dolane limited bag. My hair was still wet so I didn't do much to it. I made my way down and like usual Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were waiting for me. I walked down slowly.

"Take your time." Draco said looking up at me smiling.

"I will, as a matter of fact, taking into consideration my reputation with stairs. I'm sure you can remember." I said smiling. They started laughing and Pansy zoomed past me straight up to Draco.

"Dracy you're waiting for me!" She said giggling.
He gave me an awkward look.

"Actually...he was waiting for me." I said finally reaching them. "Like they always do."

She gave me a look of disgust.
"Pansy get off me this is a new coat." Draco said getting her off of him.

I, along with Crabbe and Goyle, snickered at her priceless face when he shook her off.

"Ready to head to breakfast?" Draco asked focusing his attention back to me.

"Yea lets go." I said. Draco held the door for me and followed me out. Crabbe and Goyle followed after us, I turned around and saw a very pissed off Pansy throwing a fit with her two friends trying to calm her.

"Merlin Lauren when did you get that bag?" Crabbe asked looking at it.
"I got it yesterday. Weren't you guys there?" I asked immediately remembering that they in fact weren't.
"No. I think we'd remember you buying it." Draco chuckled.
"Oh I bought it when I left, you and Pansy." I said smiling.

We entered the Great Hall and I got the usual greetings. I could feel eyes coming from the Gryffindor table but decided that I wanted to wait on greeting him 'til our first class, just to make him think that I'd gone back on my word.

"If there isn't any food left we'll know why." Pansy said laughing. She sat down next to Draco.
Draco got up from sitting next to her and went to sit down next to me. I scooted closer to Goyle to make room for him and smiled at him when he sat next to me. Pansy quickly gave me a sneer and I gave her a sheepish smile.

"Want my slices of bacon." Draco asked me.
"Of course she does." Pansy said making a face of disgust.

I nodded my head smiling and Draco gave them to me. We were eating pancakes with eggs and bacon so I was beyond happy about today.

"Don't let her get to you." Draco said whispering into my ear. His raspy low voice gave me shivers like before.

"I'm not gonna let a few tasteless words ruin my appetite Draco, you don't have to worry about me." I said chuckling. His voice against my ear made my hairs stand up, it was the one thing that made feel like I was blushing. By the smirk on his face, I could tell that he knew that his whispering did something to me.

"Are you worried about your test today Lauren?" Goyle asked.

"Worried is an understatement. I'm terrified."

"But you've been studying." Goyle said looking at me.

"It doesn't mean I'm ready for whatever I'm gonna get thrown at me. The study guides are usually useless to what's on the actual test."

"I'm sure you'll do fine." Draco said taking my hand and giving it a soft squeeze. I looked at him and he looked at me smiling. I returned the smile and said thanks.