QUATRE - WINDOWS AND ARGUMENTS

four - windows and arguments 

Pixie began to walk down the corridors, looking at the art and quietly giving Taehyung a little backstory behind each one. She still never caught his eye or raised her voice, she just remained as boring as she could.

"Um... Pixie?"

She turned around to see that Taehyung had paused.

"Yes?"

"Who's this one by."

It was an oil painting of the front of her house she had lived in before they were royal. She flushed and looked away, "That's not important-"

"Yes it is."

"Taehyung." She sighed, "I painted it. Happy?"

She began to walk away when he ran up to meet her pace, "Wait- you painted that?!"

"Why, is it that awful?" She whispered, looking at her feet.

"No. Not at all." He said with a warm smile, "it's actually pretty good. Not as good as my own but good."

Pixie felt a smile tickle her lips, "Maybe you could impress me." 

Then she began to remove her shoes. Taehyung looked confused, "What are you doing?"

"As big as this castle may be," she responded unlocking the window and opening it wide open and climbing onto the windowsill, "There is quite a lack of exits."

Taehyung still looked confused. Pixie smiled and then looked at him again, "Do you want to be trapped in this castle all day?"

Pixie saw the glitter in his eyes and laughed, "Follow my lead."

***

Jordan was actually doing a tour. Surprisingly.

Her plan was to bore Jeongguk out of his mind and make him regret his parents' decision and (hopefully) the engagement would be off. Easy peasy.

Well, maybe.

"And that's the third greenhouse," she said lazily, pointing out of the window, "It grows kale, avocado, spinach-"

"I swear- now you're only naming things that are green."

"Well it's called a greenhouse for a reason Mr Jeon."

"That's Sir Jeon to you."

"Excuse me! That means I am Princess Jordan Sympa-Montgomery to you, Mr Jeon."

She looked triumphant and then turned around.

"Shouldn't we spend our time better?"

Jordan turned around, "What?"

"There's no getting out of this engagement. You know that deep down as well. So why can't we just make this time a little bit more enjoyable for us?"

She sighed, "Well, there's nothing to do. I've been living here for years."

There was a silence for a moment.

"Wait- are you and Taehyung's family staying over?"

"Well... I think so."

"But where the hell are you meant to be staying? There's no other rooms besides the ones in the guard and maid quarters."

"Well we're supposed to share a room."

"You're disgusting shut up."

"No I'm not, I'm Jeongguk. And it's true. That's what people of the court always do!"

"Well, you could always be a little more positive about it."

"God, you sound like you hate me."

"Yes! Yes I do! And you do to me and I don't know how is ever fall in love with you!"

Fire seemed to fuel Jeongguk's gaze, "As do I to you. But no one is going to support us at all if we don't support each other."

"Go and complain to your mother lover boy. I am not a woman you'll take for granted."