TWENTY - WINE AND JEALOUSY

twenty . wine and jealousy .

  ☀ ☀☀ 

Pixie sighed deeply as she walked between bodies, looking for Taehyung. She had no idea what mask he was wearing which made it that bit harder, having to look at each man intently for a good ten seconds before moving on. The music had begun playing and people were beginning to dance in pairs and Pixie pursed her lips, her eyes darting between faces. All the men looked similar – most, besides the bravely extravagant, wore a black tailed suit. She sighed and made her way towards the long table at one end of the hall, adorned with various snacks and drinks.

Jeongguk was leaning against the wall, his hands in the pockets of his blazer as his eyes scanned the dancing couples. He wore a black cat mask, the curved, long ears poking through brown wisps of his hair as if they were attached to his head. Taehyung stood beside him, a glass of red wine in hand. His other hand lifted up his fox mask, coloured the same dark shade as the wine with white geometric accents accentuating the shape, as if it would help him find Pixie faster. "Where is she?" He mumbled under his breath, frowning when he realised Jeongguk was no longer beside him.

"Pixie!" Jeongguk called out to her as he saw her approach to the table, making his way towards her, "Where's Jordan?"

"Uh," Pixie bit her lip and looked over her shoulder at the dance floor, "I have no idea. Sorry. She's definitely here though." She gave him a weak smile.

"Hey, Pixie!" Taehyung appeared and lightly pushed Jeongguk out of the way so Pixie could see him, grinning from ear to ear. He didn't say more, watching her eyes widen as they fixed on his hair, "What do you think?"

"I- Oh my." Pixie reached out with her fingers to touch Taehyung's now red hair, her mouth slightly open. "Is it temporary?"

"Nope," Taehyung beamed, "Doesn't it look so good? It was kinda a rash decision but I don't regret it."

Jeongguk watched the two with a crinkled nose and turned his back on them, his lips pursed slightly. He decided to make his way through the crowd to try and find Jordan.

"It does suit you," Pixie smiled, running her fingers through his hair for a second, "but so, so random. I can't believe you."

Taehyung winked at her and quickly downed his glass of wine, putting it down. "God, it feels so good to drink after so long. Definitely having another glass. But first," He took her hands, stepping backwards and bringing them amongst the other couples, "Let's dance."

Pixie's cheeks were dusted pink and she cautiously brought her hands onto his shoulders, while his dropped onto her waist. He carefully pulled her closer to hers, his eyes examining her every feature. He smiled softly and brushed a loose strand of hear behind her ear.

"You look beautiful tonight."

Pixie felt her cheeks heat up, "You look really handsome," she murmured, "especially with this new hair. I had no idea it would suit you this much."

"My parents are going to murder me when we get back," He laughed lightly, "which will be soon."

  ☀ ☀☀ 

The music had become more light-hearted, and the hall was filled with chatter and laughter. The dance floor had become a bit scarcer but Jordan and Christian continued dancing, laughing and talking.

"So, a princess?" Christian asked, looking down at her, his hands resting on her lower back.

"Yep," Jordan smiled, letting out a surprised squeal when he suddenly dipped her, her hands clinging onto his shirt to stop herself from losing her balance.