SIX - CEREMONIES & FALLS

six - ceremonies and falls

this is al btw, just saying as six is spelt the same in french and english

Pixie left the room quietly, Taehyung followed her around, looking lost.

"Do you ever feel upset about these choices?" she asked him softly, her gaze at his feet.

"I've been raised like this," Taehyung responded, "I've always known what was going to happen." he smiled for a moment, trying to lighten the mood, "Didn't think I'd marry a princess though."

Pixie smiled briefly before she spoke, "I remember Jordan and I spoke about weddings when she entered her mid-teens."

"What were you thinking?"

"I'd like to have a small, traditional ceremony. And then have a garden party with lanterns and peach tea afterwards." They had approached a door and Pixie turned to face Taehyung, "You can stay outside if you want."

"Oh, I'll come." Taehyung stated hastily- the castle hadn't failed to intimidate him, "Perhaps we could have a party after both weddings are over?"

"And miss the honeymoon? No way." Pixie said as she opened the door and yellow light flooded through the doorway.

The room was spacious, with tan walls, a wall of bookshelves and casements that opened to a flying garden balcony.  The walls were adorned with postcards, art prints and polaroids all on a thin line of copper fairy-lights that were strung across the room. Taehyung's gaze fell on the main sector of the room: a higher level where a four-poster bed with linen sheets was set.  His cheeks heated up when he realised he was in Pixie's- also now his- bedroom. Pixie had taken a small key into her hands, unlocking the casements as she stepped out into the flying garden. Taehyung followed her out, smiling as her realised she was talking to the plants.

"Darius, your petals don't look that good..." she frowned, "Did Marie steal all the sunlight?"

Taehyung chuckled as Pixie looked at the view in front of them. One day, the two of them would be ruling everything in sight and way more. It made her swell with pride that she had the strength and power to rule such a place but frightnened her as well. She faced Taehyung who was also gazing at the view.

"Pixie... Couldn't we at least pretend?" He asked, "A happily ever after, I mean?"

Pixie sighed, "I'm sure both of our lives are fake enough already Taehyung. And anyway... we can't force love." she looked away, "I should show you what I wanted you show you-"

She turned around, subconsciously taking his hand, playing with the rings on his long fingers.

☀☀☀

Jordan was inside the tropical greenhouse, angrily eating a nectarine as she glared at Jeongguk. He had insisted in staying with her but Jordan could see the fatigue that rimmed his warm eyes, how his head had almost dropped onto his shoulder several times and how his mouth was wide open, revealing bunny-like teeth.

The boy was tired- it was no surprise in this humidity. He must have had a long journey from his kingdom far far away. Jordan whistled to get his attention, "Bunny-Teeth, you want something to eat?"

Jeongguk was about to say something before he shook his head sleepily.

"You can head up to my bedroom now if you want," Jordan stated, glancing at her manicured fingernails, "I could call one of the maids to escort you." she finished, pointing at a button on one of the windows.

Jeongguk shook his head again, "The castle's big and... empty."

"What happened to Mr Tough Bad Guy?"

"He's tired," Jeongguk said before picking a ripe sharon fruit and bit into it, juice trickling down his chin, using his fingers to waft it away. Jordan bit her lip to stifle a giggle as he looked at her with wide eyes.

"Hey, do you want to see something?" Jordan challenged with a small smile.

"Sure." Jeongguk responded as he finished the fruit he was eating following her out of the greenhouse.

The sun had begun to set and Jordan knew she and Jeongguk should be heading back to dinner but she had so desperately wanted to figure out what was going on in the maze. She picked up her pace, through the corn maze in the gardens until they were in the centre.

In the middle of the maze, there was a small marble gazebo and a majestic fountain with jewel- coloured fish swimming in the shallow waters. Jeongguk was surprised when Jordan walked past them both.  He followed her down until she stopped, gazing at a metal plaque placed in the floor.

"There's something underneath it," Jordan confirmed, "But I can't find open it."

Jeongguk went onto his knees, "It's unscrewed."

"That was me."

"I'll give it a little pull-"

"I've tried already, it won't budge-"

There was a loud clunk as Jeongguk pushed the plaque to the side. 

Jordan blinked. 

Jeongguk smirked, "You were saying?"

"Shut up."

"Yes, your Imperial Highness."

Jordan stuck her tongue out at him pathetically before she sat down, taking her phone out and turned on the torch. She ducked down to see inside, "What if the castle has catacombs and this is the entrance? Or a secret dungeon?"

"Jordan- I think I saw your mother-"

"Jeongguk ssh! I think I-"

And as if something had pushed her inside the hole, Jordan jumped into it, her last words still echoing in the breeze. Jeongguk's eyes widened before he looked around. He did not see his future mother-in-law and so quickly leapt into the hole after Jordan.

☀☀☀

hi! it's al, i think i've got a routine for when i want to update 'royally unfair'- probably every saturday? i updated today as i haven't got school today! i hope you enjoyed!!! (also i hate it when images take so long to load----)

ROYALLY UNFAIR .On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara