TWENTY FOUR - LEWD MUSIC AND TAILORS

twenty four . lewd music and tailors .

☀ ☀☀ 

The four had woken up in the gazebo. Taehyung was the last to escape his slumber, Pixie shaking him awake when they heard voices. "Shit. We don't have an excuse." She murmured, looking at the other three. For once, she had no idea what to do.

"Don't worry," Jordan smiled and stood up, picking up her clutch which still lay there and taking out her phone to check the date. It was noon, the day before Pixie and Taehyung's wedding. She showed the rest, "The clothes that evil queen gave us are pretty normal, they won't be suspicious of that. We'll say we always had them."

"Is that your mum?" Taehyung asked Pixie as he stood up. Pixie nodded. Her mother's voice became louder as she approached, and the sound of her heels echoed around the maze. Soon enough, she emerged into the centre of the maze, met with four blank expressions.

"Jordan! Pixie!" She looked at them in surprise, her mouth bobbing open and closed, "What- where were you two?!" She asked. Her voice was thick with emotion and she didn't seem to care about upholding appearances anymore, running towards her daughters and wrapping her arms around them in a tight embrace. Jordan and Pixie shared a wide-eyed, surprised look as their mother began speaking again, "I was so worried! I thought you had run away from home!" She pulled away from them, tears in her eyes, "I'm sorry. I haven't acted like the best mother lately, and I- I really wouldn't have blamed you if you did run away."

Pixie didn't know what to say. She wondered for a moment if they were in another parallel universe, or if her mother's body had been taken over by an overly sentimental alien. Her mother hadn't shown them this much affection in years. It definitely felt alien. "Mum, we're fine." She smiled.

"Where were you?"

No one spoke for a moment, allowing Jordan to inform her mum rather dramatically that "We went to a parallel universe and met some half-deer half-human people who were really nice, then we got kidnapped and we met a really nasty queen who wanted to take Pixie's place as queen here but we managed to escape and get home safe."

Everyone looked at Jordan in surprise as the girl beamed, but her mother simply laughed, brushing her words away as a joke, "That must've been an adventure."

Jordan nodded. "It was crazy."

☀ ☀☀ 

Once everyone had expressed their delight at the quartet being back at the castle and lunch was over, Taehyung and Pixie were sent to the tailor. Surprisingly, nobody asked too many questions. Everyone was too grateful or too busy to ask where they'd gone, or too certain they'd just had a final fun night out before the wedding. Pixie was grateful for that, though Jordan's method of simply telling them the truth was a strange way of removing suspicion.

"I can't wait to see you in your wedding dress," Taehyung grinned as they walked towards the room the tailor waited in, his hand in Pixie's.

"I can't wait to see you in your suit," Pixie smiled. She had a strange feeling in her stomach, a mixture of nerves and excitement. She was looking forward to tomorrow, definitely, but fear lingered in her mind also. "I can't believe I'll be queen. That's so scary."

Kim Taehyung looked down at her with a soft smile, "you'll be a great queen, I know it. The people already love you, have you ever read those tabloids? There are quizzes like 'Which Sympa-Montgomery Princess Are You?'"

"What?" Pixie looked at him in surprise, "I've never seen anything like that."

"It's there," Taehyung chuckled, "Search twitter for your name after this, you'll see how much people love you," He said before pushing open the door.