QUINZE - ARMS AND LAKES

fifteen -  arms and lakes

☀☀☀

Pixie sat down, completely exhausted at the thought of progressing with their journey. The snow had melted in this area but the soaked grass didn't bother her. She wanted to curl up into a ball and sleep in her warm bed in the palace. She would've been happy to see her mother now- she would laugh in bliss if she saw Lucifer now. Taehyung sat beside her and she couldn't resist- she let her head drop onto his shoulder. He stiffened for a moment before resting an arm around her shoulders. She sighed, moving closer to him, not wanting to let go, just wanting to stay here and somehow magically transport back home.

"I'm sick of it." she mumbled onto his neck.

Taehyung looked down at her with a frown, "What?"

"I'm sick of being looked up to. I'm sick of people relying on me for help when I need help myself." she whispered, looking at him a she rested her hand on his.

Taehyung swallowed before meeting her gaze, "Pix, why aren't you using me?"

Pixie looked at him in confusion, "What do you m-"

"Me, Jordan and Jeongguk have been using you to find guidance as a leader," he said, taking her hand, "We both know that we won't get out of this marriage so if you want us to get on well, please please use me as something to find help in. Use me to make you feel better like you've done to me."

Pixie found herself smiling and moved apart from him for a moment, "T-Thanks..."

Taehyung licked his bottom lip and looked at his feet. Pixie stood up, "We should stay with Jordan and Jeongguk, we don't to lose them-"

"Pixie," he called out, an arm around her waist, pulling her back, "The problem with you Miss Sympa is that you let go too quickly. Stay. For a minute, please stay with me."

She felt her cheeks colour before she sat beside him, her head on his shoulder.

☀☀☀

Jeongguk and Jordan had noticed Pixie and Taehyung's discussion and walked a few ten feet away to a small lake. Jeongguk grinned, "Swim time!"

Jordan looked at him with wide-eyed, "Idiot, we literally just got kidnapped and you want to strip in the forest?!"

"I wasn't going to strip, not unless you want me to, my princess." he commented with a smirk, "I have a spare change of clothes don't I?" he said before leaping into the lake

"You idiot! Our packs were stolen!"

"Oh... I guess I'll be in soaking clothes then." he said, doggy-paddling as she spoke to her, "Jordan, take your overcoat off and join me, the water's surprisingly warm."

"What?! Now you want me to strip?!"

"What is it with you and stripping? Take your jacket off and get inside, let's have some fun whilst we can."

Jordan slowly removed her jacket and shoes before she dipped a foot in the water. Jeongguk was right: it was surprisingly warm. She slid into the water and screeched before going under the water. 

It was warm to touch and clear. She wanted to go up again but found herself not able to. She began to panic, thrashing into the water as two strong arms grasped her waist and pulled her out of the water.

She felt herself splutter, coughing as Jeongguk continued to hold her waist, "You can't swim?!" he asked in surprise.

"I can! Just not... very well." she commented with red cheeks, "Freshwater is hard to swim in."

"Likely excuse."

Jordan looked at Jeongguk for a moment. The young man's brown hair was wet, water droplets dropping off of it, his eyes wide with concern. His lips were red and the lower was a little bitten by his bunny teeth.

"You're right about one thing." she said.

"What? You not being able to swim?"

"No! You are good-looking." she blurted.

Jeongguk smirked, "You're not so bad either."

"Shut up, you're literally melting in my hotness." she said as she climbed onto the bank She saw his smirk and kicked water into his face. 

"Oh you want to play like that do you?"