TWENTY SEVEN - WEDDING NUMERO UNO (p1)

"You're getting married!"

"Really? What?" Pixie looked at Jordan, who sat near her on a chair, in mock surprise, a grin spreading onto her face after, "Honestly though, I can't believe this is happening."

"Me neither," Jordan murmured, her eyes following the stylist as she picked up a petite silver tiara, adorned with diamonds, and propped it carefully upon Pixie's head, "You look gorgeous."

Pixie smiled softly, looking at herself in the mirror. It was weird seeing herself wearing the attire of a bride — really, she wouldn't dress up like this again (unless she remarried, which she hoped wouldn't happen).

"Pixie!" Their mother burst into the room, her hands covering her mouth when she saw Pixie, "You look so beautiful. I- Jordan, what are you doing here?!"

Jordan stood up guiltily, "I wanted to see Pixie. She's going to spend so much time with Taehyung now and I will barely see her anymore," she pouted.

"That's not true," Pixie stood up carefully, "We'll still see each other all the time, I promise. And anyway, you have Jeongguk."

"I guess."

"This really is not the time for this, girls. We can't be late. Jordan love, go and join the other bridesmaids. Also — both of you be careful what you say today, I heard there are lip-readers present." She waited until her words have been processed and kissed Jordan's forehead before she left, walking towards Pixie afterwards.

Pixie's lower lip jutted out when she saw the tears appear in her mother's eyes again, "Mum! Please don't cry."

"How can I not? You're both growing up so quickly." She smiled sadly, "I want lot of grandkids, okay? Remember that."

Pixie laughed, "Not for a while, mum." She kissed her mother's cheek before realising who stood in the doorway, watching the pair with a tiny smile — Lucian.

"Ready for me to give you away?"

☀️☀️☀️

The wedding hall was packed with people conversing in hushed tones, finding their seats. Celebrity interactions were caught on camera by the selected broadcasting channels which had been given the privilege to be there. The official wedding photographer was given full access — filming Pixie as she left the dressing room, Taehyung as he stood, looking quite nervous, waiting for her. The hall was decorated in a grand manner, the icing on the cake being the pastel yellow flowers which were scattered as adornment of the walls and seats.

Jordan had caught up with the other bridesmaids by the time the procession started — the group consisted of cousins and Pixie's close friends and Jordan was pleased everyone got along with each other. She caught sight of Jeongguk sitting beside his father and grinned at him, unable to believe that tomorrow it would be her and him in Pixie and Taehyung's place. She blew a kiss at the wedding videographer's camera when it passed, hoping the editor would decide to keep it in for comedic relief as there did seem to be a tense atmosphere.

It didn't take long before the orchestra struck up, and the hall fell silent of voices. The music was calm and dignified, but joyous at the same time. Then Pixie appeared, hand hooked onto King Lucian's arm. The king was beaming with genuine happiness. Pixie herself smiled happily but with a hint of bashfulness, aware of all the eyes glued on her as she walked down the aisle.

"Woah." Taehyung breathed, watching her approach. He tried and failed to stop his boxy smile from appearing, looking down at Pixie once she was in front of him, "I- I have no words. You look beautiful."

"You look damn good yourself," Pixie whispered, silencing herself when man before the two spoke. The ceremony wasn't religious but more a tradition of their land, but God was mentioned more than once in the vows they were to make. And when it was time to make them, there was no hesitation.

"I know pronounce you husband and wife, heir and heiress to the throne. You may now kiss."

Pixie smiled shyly but Taehyung was the opposite — immediately planting his lips onto hers, one hand snaking around her waist in a protective manner. In that kiss, Pixie forgot all the eyes on her. The people in the room, the people watching at home. It felt like there was no one else in the world besides her and her now husband, and she'd have happily remained with her lips locked with his if that was the case.

☀️☀️☀️

"They're so cute," Jordan murmured, her head resting on Jeongguk's arm. A spotlight sone on Pixie and Taehyung as they had their 'first dance'. Pixie was visibly shy but whispers of assurance from Taehyung made her less wary of the people around them.

"Yeah. I'm happy Taehyung found someone great. And I'm over the fucking moon I did too," he whispered, intertwining their fingers.

Taehyung pecked Pixie's lips once the music finished, everyone else beginning to flood onto the dance floor but Taehyung and Pixie left to the side of the room, wanting to rest.

"This is nothing like I expected," Taehyung murmured, a small smile on his face as he watched everyone dance, happy they were enjoying themselves, "David Beckham's here."

"And he looks damn fine in a suit," Pixie grinned at the look on Taehyung's face, "not as fine as my husband though."

"Of course not," Taehyung smiled, bringing his arm around her, "Hearing you call me that makes me feel so damn good."

"What?"

"Husband."