Chapter 3- A Bird Told Me...

”See you on Saturday” LeAnne said with a huge smile, while I walked out from the office. ”See you!” I said and smiled back. It was Thursday afternoon and the sun was shining. I know I need to work tomorrow, but I was still planning on going out tonight. The plan was a me year and it seemed to be a good decision this Monday, but it won’t stop me for getting out and have some fun and maybe have a few drinks. I walked home and into my apartment. I took a fast shower and then I decided what to wear. A light blue dress with an open back. I curled my brown hair and put on a light make up. The clock was only seven thirty when I was done. Maybe going out on a Thursday night all by myself was a bad idea. I rolled my eyes, why am I such a coward? After a few drinks I don’t really care anyway. I placed a thin layer of lip gloss on my lips before I put on my high heels. I took my bag and walked out of the apartment. To get over Nathan I need to get better confidence, and what is a better way then faking it? 

I walked into a nightclub, and sat down at the bar, watching everyone on the dance floor. Considering it was a  Thursday night it was many people out having a good time.  ”Apple?” I turned around when I heard my name. Behind me sat a guy with dirty blonde curly hair and brown eyes. It was Ashton. ”Hi” I said with a smile. I didn’t expect to see him here. ”Hi! I did not expect to meet you here” Ashton said. ”Do you go here often?” He continued. ”Some times” I said. ”Can I buy you a drink?” He asked. I don’t let guys buy me drinks, because I’m easy influenced and one drink to many can lead to something I will regret. ”Sure” I mumbled. Ashton did not seem like the type that would take advantage of me. A bartender came up to us. ”A beer” I told him. Ashton quickly looked at me. ”Make that two” He said. ”So you are friends with LeAnne?” He asked. ”We went to High School together” I said. The bartender arrived with two ice cold beers and I took a sip. The cold filth, ran down my dry throat. ”And how do you know David?” I asked. ”We went to the same High School” Ashton answered and I smiled at him. ”So will you attend the wedding?” I took another sip, before I nodded. ”Yes” Ashton was a sweet guy and I wonder what he did here on a Thursday night. I was here to get drunk and hopefully not think about Nathan for the whole night. ”So what are you doing here? Meeting someone special?” I asked. ”No” Ashton laughed. ”I’m just here, all by myself” He continued. ”Yeah, same here” I said and Ashton smiled at me. After two more beers and to many of the drinks that Ashton recommended I started to feel the alcohol streaming through my body. My view was dizzy and I didn’t feel like myself. I was happy and somehow in a dance mood. ”Will you dance with me?” I screamed over the loud music, that filled the pub. ”Okay” Ashton answered. I heaved a pure liquor shot, before Ashton took my hand in his and we walked out on the dance floor. The song that was playing at the moment was the newest Kesha song. Lights of all colours was flashing at the beat of the loud music. We danced at the dance floor together, I’m not a good dancer, unless I’m home alone, but with a fake confidence and some (a lot of) alcohol in my system I think I did pretty good. Song after song passed, and the time flied but I had a great time. ”Next song will be a little slower” The DJ said through a microphone. Ashton’s hands was placed on my waist and I lay my hands around his neck. ”You sure as hell know how to dance” Ashton said as he bit his lower lip. I smiled at him. I think it was the alcohol, but Ashton had beautiful eyes. Ashton had a touch of green which was very beautiful and unique. ”You have beautiful eyes” I mumbled. Ashton laughed. ”You’ve had too much to drink” He smiled. ”No, seriously, you have beautiful eyes” I slurred. ”Thank you” He answered. ”Do you want to get out of here?” Ashton asked, as his eyes met mine. My dizzy mind did not think clear. I know I will regret it in the morning if I follow Ashton home, but at the moment it felt like a good idea. His eyes begged and his lips had a small smirk. I don’t think I will remember anything anyway, and it’s just for one night. ”Yes” I said. Ashton smiled a surprised smile at me, before I grabbed my hand and started to walk out from the club.