Chapter 30- Busy Being In Love

”You seem nervous” Ashton said. He had picked me up for meeting his bandmates. ”No” I said. Ashton has talked well about the boys and told me they are like his brothers, which means I’m kind of meeting his family. Ashton laughed a sweet laugh. ”Okay” He mumbled, like he didn’t believe me. ”I’m not nervous” I cleared out and Ashton laughed once again. ”It just feels like I’m meeting a part of your family. You told me they were like your brothers” I tried to explain my feelings. ”They are my best friends, and would love to meet you. It’s nothing to worry about” Ashton laid his hand over my hand, in my lap, like a protective hug (But in this case a protective hand). I felt my heart bubble. His sweet gesture is breathtaking. ”Would you like to meet my family?” Ashton asked and I looked at him. ”I know it’s a little early to introduce you as my girlfriend, but in the future maybe?” I smiled at him and nodded. ”Yeah, sure” I need to tell him that I can’t meet his family, not as his girlfriend at least. Today is exactly two months until I leave for London. ”I-” I barley started the sentence before Ashton began to speak. ”The boys see you as my girlfriend, but I’ve told them that we are sort of friends, more likely dating, I hope it’s okay?” Ashton said and squeezed my hand a little harder. ”It’s okay” I said with a shy smile. ”It’s just-” I sigh for myself. Maybe I should tell him when we are more private, or at least when Ashton isn’t driving. ”You were saying?” Ashton asked with a small smile. ”We can talk about it some other day” I said. ”Where are we meeting them?” I asked. Ashton quickly looked confused at me before he looked at the road again. ”At Michael's place. We are there in a minute” I nodded at his answer and looked out the window. I can’t have my move to London a secret for Ashton anymore. I needed to tell him. I feel obnoxious and I don’t like that feeling.  

”We are here” Ashton parked the car outside a small house. ”Michael lives together with his mom, but she is out of town this weekend, so all of us basically lives here” Ashton explained. I nodded and we walked out. Ashton put his arm around my shoulders as we walked up to the front door. ”Hello?” He shouted into the hallway. ”Ashton!” I could here someone scream back before three tall guys arrived, in the hall. One of them were blonde, with blue eyes and and an open blue/white flannel shirt. The other one had black hair, almost as tall as the first one, but otherwise they were very dissimilar. He had black short hair and brown sparkling eyes. The third boy, was the one I met in the grocery story a few months ago. I believe his name was Michael and today he has his hair dyed purple. ”Hi guys”Ashton said. ”This is Apple... my... We...” Ashton stuttered. ”We are sort of friends” I quoted Ashton from the car and he laughed. ”Hi Apple, Ashton’s sort of friend, it’s nice to see you again” Michael said with a smile and I smiled back. ”This weirdo is Calum” Ashton pointed at the browned haired boy and he shook his hand out. ”Hi, Calum” He introduced himself. ”Apple” I said. ”And here is Lucas Robert Hemmings, another weirdo, if you ask me” Ashton said and I laughed. ”Call me Luke” He said and rolled his eyes at Ashton. ”Apple, nice to see you” I said and shook his hand too. We walked into the house and I looked around a little before we sat down in the living room. ”We are going to ask you questions, like a interrogation, just to see if you are so sweet as Ashton tells us you are” Michael said and I felt my cheeks turning red. ”No!” Ashton complained. ”It’s okay” I said and Ashton looked at me. ”You sure? You have no idea what these guys have in mind” I shrugged. ”I’ll be fine” I said. Ashton grabbed my hand, before he laid it in his lap. Once again my cheeks turned into a red tone. ”Okay, first question. How old are you?” ”I’ll be twenty-two in June” I answered to Michael’s question. ”Dating an older woman! Hot” Calum said before all of the guys laughed. ”You are just jealous” Ashton said and Calum smiled at him. ” Any siblings?” Luke asked and I looked at him. ”What a lame question” Michael mumbled. I smiled at Luke before I shook my head. ”No, I don’t have any siblings” I answered. ”When did you have your first kiss?” ”I was around twelve, it was awkward” My first kiss was with a boy named Edward, or I don’t even know if you can call it a kiss. Our lips touched for about two seconds and it was very awkward. ”What did you do after graduation?” Luke asked and I could see how Michael rolled his eyes. I liked that Luke asked more ‘get to know me’ question but it didn’t bother me that Michael asked more inappropriate question either. I guess people just want to know different things about people. Luke’s question hurt me though. Almost, right after graduation I moved in with Nathan. It was fast and bad decision, but we were deeply in love. ”I moved in with my ex boyfriend” I said and I could hear my voice shake. Ashton squeezed my hand harder. ”Let’s do something else. What about I buy some pizza?” He offered and I looked up at him, smiling. I was over Nathan, I knew I was, but his wound is still there and it hurts whenever someone mention it. ”Are you hungry?” Ashton asked me and I nodded. ”Yeah a little” ”What would you like to have?” Hawaii please”  ”Hawaii it is” Ashton smiled at me before he asked the other boys. 

I helped Luke to set the table. ”Apple?” Luke said and I nodded, as I sat out five glass at everyones seat at the kitchen table. ”I’m sorry to bring your ex up, Ashton just told me a little and I-” ”It’s fine” I cut of. Luke nodded before he continued to set the table. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound so mad, the wounds of his actions is still inside of me, I guess” I explained to Luke. ”I understand. I just wondered if you studied to something or?” ”No, I was to busy being in love” I said and Luke smiled. ”Yeah, once again I’m sorry for bringing him up. It was never my intention” ”It’s fine” I confirmed and Luke smiled at me. ”Good, Ashton told me you were LeAnne’s friend” Luke changed the subject and I was happy he did. ”Yes, do you know her?” I asked. ”Me and her little brother was friends before, in school.” Luke said. LeAnne’s little brother, Adam, was three years younger than me, which therefor meant Luke is nineteen, or soon to be. ”The world is small” I said and Luke laughed. ”Yes, it is” He agreed. ”Are you flirting with my girlfri... my girl?” Ashton showed up with five pizzas in his hands. ”No” Luke replied as he looked down at the ground. ”We just talked” I said and Ashton smiled at me before he put the pizzas at the table. Michael and Calum showed up in the kitchen as soon as they smelled the smell of pizza. We sat down and began our meal. I liked Ashton’s band, so far. They seemed nice and very kind. 

I hope you like the chapter

Xx