Chapter 22- Fired

The bus ride home from my mom was long, it felt longer then the way here. The weekend has been bewildering and different. The time I spent with my mom was fantastic, we did some shopping and made up for missed time. The whole Nathan thing is still a little strange. He was the same, he looked perfect and flawless just like he looked four months ago, but still I didn’t feel butterflies and love for him. Why? Have I changed? Maybe I realised he broke my heart and isn’t worthy of another chance? My phone started to ring in my pocket and it ended my endless thinking. On the screen it stood ‘Spiderman’ and I smiled before I answered. ”Apple speaking” ”Hi, it’s Ashton” Ashton said with a sweet laugh. We had texted a few times this weekend but not calling each other, so I was surprised that he called me. ”Hi!” ”How are you?” He asked. ”I’m fine, I’m on my way home” I answered. ”How are you?” ”Great, I just had a soundcheck for tonights show” ”Nice, the tour is going fine I’ve heard, in magazines” ”Yes, it’s amazing, have you heard some interviews by the way?” Ashton asked. ”Yes, the radio interview, the fans were asking question, it was on Friday” ”Yeah, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about...” I heard Ashton take a deep breath. ”We usually listen to our interview a few days after, and... Michael is an asshole, I don’t fancy you” I laughed as I nodded slowly. ”It’s okay”  I said a little embarrassed. ” I like you very much, it’s not like that, but since you still recover from your last relationship I don’t want you to feel pressure or anything to feel something you don’t” Ashton babbled. ”It’s okay. He is just messing around, I got it” I said. ”I know, and I’ve said to Michael and the rest of the band that we are just friends, but they don’t believe me” ”Not even my mom believes me when I tell her we are only friends”  I said. ”Why?” Ashton asked with a brief laugh. ”She has seen the picture when we walked in the park a few days ago” I said. ”Okay?” Ashton asked. ”She said something like ‘Just friends’ don’t look at each other like that” Ashton laughed an adorable laugh. ”Well, you have beautiful eyes, the kind  you could get lost in... ”  Ashton said and I felt my cheeks turn into a light red tone. ”And I guess I did” Ashton continued and all I could do was smile as I felt the butterflies in my stomach flying around.

”Apple” I stopped in the step before I turned around. Tom stood behind me, with a few papers in his hand. ”Hi, Tom” I said with a hand wave. The last two weeks I’ve been afraid of meeting Tom, since I don’t want to talk work with him. I have looked through the applications more than once but I don’t find anything I want to do. ”Can I talk with you for a minute?” He asked. ”Yeah, of course!” I said. I followed him to his office. ”Sit down” He mumbled and I sat down at the chair in front of the desk. ”Have you looked at the applications?” He asked. ”Yes, I have” I answered. ”So?” ”I don’t want to work as an economist, receptionist in a hotel or as a baker in the city's bakery” ”Okay...” Tom looked at me. ”I have bad news, Apple, I’m sorry, we work from eight to five, no exceptions” ”I know...” I mumbled. Maybe I should get an education? Travel the world? Things I wish I did after I finished High School... Maybe it’s time for me to do those things now, two and a half years later. Better late than never, right? ”You fire me?” I asked. ”I’m so sorry, Apple, but yes... I fire you”

”I can’t believe he fired you” LeAnne screamed out, she was more angry about this than I was. I didn’t exactly love the job I had, but working with LeAnne was good and after the four up coming months I don’t have any money. ”I need to have a talk with him” She continued. ”No...  You don’t have to, this is a new beginning for me” ”You need a new beginning?” ”No, not really” I sighed. ”I was thinking about getting an education” I said. ”An education?” ”Yes, Ashton said th-” ”Ashton told you to get an education?” She said before she laughed. ”Ashton is really getting to you. You like him?” ”As a friend yes” I lied. I knew deep down inside of me I liked Ashton more than a friend, but I won’t show it. Single for a year was my promise and I’d like to keep that promise. ”Come on” LeAnne rolled her eyes, like she did’t believe me. ”Okay, look I am a little unsure about my feelings at the moment. I met Nathan and I didn’t feel a think for him. We were together for two years and I’ve been crying and craving for him to take me back and when I met him...he literally asks for a second chance but I can’t take him back, because I realise in that moment that I don’t love him anymore. Then there is Ashton. With the brown sparkling eyes and adorable laugh. He is the kindest, sweetest and most humble human being I’ve ever met. So yeah, maybe I like Ashton but I need to spend time with myself, stay single a year and just enjoy life”  I explained and LeAnne nodded in agreement. ”You are right, maybe you need a new beginning” She said and I smiled at her. ”Yeah, I think I do” ”Do you know what you want to educate yourself in?” LeAnne asked with a smile. ”No, or I want to help people in somehow.” ”A doctor?” ”Yeah, but that is a little hard core” I said and LeAnne laughed. ”Yes, but where would you like to study? Over seas?” ”I would love to go over seas! London would be cool” I said and LeAnne nodded. ”London would be awesome. Then me and David could come visit together with our baby. Ashton could come too” LeAnne said with a huge smile. My thoughts began to think about Ashton again. What would he think if I moved to London? 

What happened in the end, did Apple decided to move to London? ;) xx