Chapter 13- If We Didn't Go As Friends...

I looked up at Ashton and met his worried eyes. ”It’s... It was the Monday after the wedding. I bought a magazine... I read about us and they said I was a gold digger” I began ”It’s just bullshit, you shouldn’t read that. They are just looking for a headline. It’ s all lies” Ashton explained. ”I know, but then I logged into Twitter and saw people agreeing. People said I was a gold digger or that I used you for fifteen minutes in the spotlight... And it hurts” Ashton reach out and laid his hand over mine, over the decorated table. His hand was soft and once again my heart melt for his sweet and kind gesture. ”I know it hurts. I got hate too” ”Do you believe them?” I asked. It was the question I wanted to ask him, because I was afraid he would. I’ve been wrong about guys before, so I don’t think he believes in them, but I don’t know. ”Do you actually think I believe the stories and the rumours about you?” Ashton asked. ”I don’t know. I’ve been wrong before. I never thought Nathan would cheat, so...” Ashton laid his other hand over mine. He looked deeply into my eyes and I could swear that I felt like it was just the two of us in the crowded restaurant. His eyes are hypnotising. I get this bubble feeling inside of me every time his eyes meets mine. ”I don’t believe what the magazines are saying. Honestly I don’t give a fuck, and the things on Twitter. They are suppose to be my fans. They should be happy for me and I’m just going to say that I’m sorry. It was never in my intention to make you hurt.” I shook my head. Ashton didn’t do anything. ”You didn’t do-”  I tried to explain to him that it wasn’t his fault, but he interrupted me. ”It’s my fans and I take responsibility for their actions. You are the strongest woman I’ve ever met. You are brave and so, so beautiful.” Ashton’s eyes didn’t leave mine and a huge smile appeared on my lips. ”Thank you.” ”I know you are heartbroken, but don’t let this break you even more. Don’t let the press see you weak, because that’s all they want. Stay strong, stay tall and stay confident” The way Ashton is the person that could light up this whole world just by talking to you. Ashton is very easy to talk to. He doesn’t judge and always says the right things. He doesn’t say them because you want to hear them, he says them because he means them. 

The waitress came and took our plates after we had eaten. ”Would you like to have dessert?” She asked. ”Can we look at the menu?” Ashton asked.”Of course. Give me a minute” ”Would you like dessert?” Ashton asked me. ”I don’t mind, but yeah, sure” The food was delicious and I was gorged but a cake or ice cream is never wrong. ”Maybe we can share something?” ”Yeah, of course” The waitress came back with menus and we decided to share a chocolate cake, with raspberry sorbet. ”I love chocolate, it’s like my weak spot” I said and Ashton laughed at me. ”Yeah, chocolate is amazing” ”David and LeAnne will be back from New York tomorrow” ”Yeah, I think they have had an amazing time and I think LeAnne has shopped for more than what the trip costed” Ashton laughed again. ”You are probably right” ”I’m so jealousy of them though. I would love to go to New York someday. The atmosphere must be amazing. All the people and lights” Ashton nodded in agreement. ”New York is a beautiful city” ”Have you been there?” I asked. ”Yes, we had a tour in U.S.A just before our break” ”Oh, I’m so jealous. New York is like the city of the cities.” ”Yes,definitely” ”If you make it there you can make it anywhere” Ashton laughed and I smiled at him. His happiness and laughs is contagious ”Yes” The waitress came with our dessert and we started to eat. The chocolate cake was delicious. It was warm and the chocolate melted in my mouth. ”It’s delicious” I said and Ashton nodded. ”Do you like any other cities? I mean, is New York your dream city?” Ashton asked. ”Well, I think LeAnne loves it more, but I really like New York, because it’s different from how I grew up” ”And how was that?” ”I grew up in a small town, with around two thousand inhabitants. It was me, my mom and dad. My mom got me when she was very young and my dad was on and off with us. He was not all into the relationship and fathership that my mom needed, so we moved. I was around four and don’t remember much, but we moved to Adelaide, which was just two hours way, but my mom liked it. We moved to a small apartment and my mom worked a lot, but she did a great job to raise me. She is my best friend and I will forever be grateful for her” Ashton nodded once or twice as I talked about my childhood, just to show he was listening. ”My mom found a new guy when I was eleven and are today married. He is a great guy and treats her just the way I wished my dad treated her.” ”I grew up with my mom too. My mom raised me and my siblings Lauren and Harry” ”We have pretty much in common” Ashton smiled as he nodded. 

We left the restaurant when we were finished and Ashton payed for the dinner, even if I insisted. It was cold outside and dark, the clock was almost eleven. The night had been great, I had a really good time. Just as before, Ashton opened the door for me and I smiled thankfully at him. All this sweet gesture is so... heart melting. It’s such a little thing, but means so much. On the radio Ed Sheeran’s ‘The A Team’ was played and I hummed along to the song. ”You like Ed, right?” Ashton asked. ”Yes, his songs is amazing. I haven’t listen to him for a while but I love his music” ”He is a great lad too” ”You’ve met him?” I asked surprised. ”Yeah, I’ve met him when I was in London. He watched our show” ”Wow, being in 5 Seconds of Summer has it’s advantages” Ashton laughed. ”Yeah, well I got to travel the world with three of my best friends, so I can’t really complain” ”And you got to see and talk to Ed Sheeran” Ashton laughed once again. ”Yes, that’s the best part” He said and I laughed with him. After a twenty minutes long drive Ashton parked his car outside my apartment. ”I had a great time. Thank you” I turned to Ashton as I spoke, as I loosened the seat belt. ”Yeah, me too” Ashton said with a smile. Our eyes met, and as much as I love his eyes I hate when they meet. They make me out of control. His brown eyes blow my mind. ”You know if we didn’t go on a date as friends tonight” Ashton began. ”I would kiss you right now” 

So do you think they will kiss?? ;) 
Xx