Chapter 37: Another Dinner?

-------
~Another Dinner?~
-------

Camila's POV

I sighed, finally reaching home.

I literally just left school. Lauren and I got a bit carried away with our kissing. But.. It's all good.

"Camila! We only have 10 minutes! Hurry up!" My mom came outside, yelling at me and I rolled my eyes. When is she going to get the point that I don't fucking care?

Walking inside the house now, I walked straight upstairs. I just finished coming back from school and I feel dirty as hell. I got to take a shower.

I took my long nice shower, not caring that my mom was practically waiting for me downstairs. This dinner doesn't really bother me. I mean.. It's not 'important'. So I don't think I'll rush up my normal routine for this.

-----

"Sorry we're late. This monkey here stayed a bit longer in the shower."

My mom apologized to the Marshalls' and I smiled apologetically to the couple.

My dad stood beside me, his sleep was interrupted because...well, my fucking mother woke him up. I guess I'm not the only one hating this dinner.

"Oh no no it's absolutely alright! Come in come in." Gloria moved aside to let us walk inside and I inhaled deeply, walking into their house.

The house still looked the same. Almost as if nothing has changed. Almost.

"Rose! Come downstairs!" Corey called out, walking back to stand beside dad as they talked.

I felt dizzy standing here. I don't like it. Not one bit.

I could hear light footsteps running from upstairs and I glanced up, raising my eyebrows when a pair of legs showed up from the top of the stairs.

Slowly, I watched as Rose made her way downstairs. The parents were still talking, so they were quite oblivious to the other young Marshall's appearance.

Rose wore a dress, a very simple white dress, but...cute. Very cute.

She glanced up at me, her eyes surprised and I arched my eyebrow. "Hey." She greeted softly, now coming over to stand beside her mother.

I smiled a little, nodding my head back in greeting.

Gloria glanced to her side before smiling brightly. "Oh Rose you're finally here. Well. I guess we should get straight to dinner then huh?" She smiled.

My parents agreed and of course, they all fucking walked ahead of us.

I caught sight of Rose rolling her eyes a little. Hah. The feeling is mutual Rosie. Wait. 'Rosie'? What the heck Camila? No.
"Well. Guess we should just follow them then." I smiled sarcastically and Rose chuckled, nodding her head.

Why did I even come? This was such a stupid idea.

I resisted the urge to spit out something mean, so instead, I just decided to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the night. Well. I hope I can keep my mouth shut. I do have a problem with talking too much so I guess this will become a problem.

We were now sat at the dinner table.

"Rose, dear. Why don't you grab our dinner?" Gloria says.

Rose nods and gets up from her seat. Me? Oh. I don't have any motive to follow her. Nothing at all. I was just planning on sitting here with no care in the world. But of course, my mother had to come up with her shit idea right on the spot.
"Oh Camila will help you." She says quickly and my eyes widen a little bit. Great. Thanks a lot mom.