Chapter 46: Old Friends

_______________
~Old Friends~
–——————

Camila's POV

Home. My home.... Is full of shit. Literally. Help me.

I groaned as I was dragged away by some kids. What's with these kids? I'm always getting into situations with children.

Oh. What the fuck is happening? You may ask. Well. It's my baby cousin's first birthday and it's a big thing apparently. "Okay children, Aunty Mila needs to take a quick break okay?" I heaved out. The children gave a show of heads nodding up and down and I smiled tiredly, watching as they all ran to the bouncy castle.

It's still Thursday. It's the afternoon though. School and basketball practiced finished long ago and now I'm here at my cousin's house.

"Wow. You look like you're suffering." I spun around at the familiar voice, grinning brightly despite my heavy breathing. "Naya?"

My childhood best friend grinned at me and came forward to engulf me into a hug. Naya and I were friends back during our childhood lives. She lived in Cuba, where I used lived and I still remembered her. Even when I moved away at the age of 7.

Naya punched me on my arm, groaning suddenly. "Ugh you're fucking hot. Why?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "Seriously? This is our first meeting in 11 years and that's how you greet me?" I exclaimed. Of course we still kept in touch through social media but we stopped temporarily a few months ago and now.. Well. She's here.

Naya just grinned. "We never greet each other normally anyway. If we did. Then there's something wrong."

I laughed. She's such a prick. But fucking funny.

"How'd you get here? I mean.. When did you come here? And why are you at my little cousin's birthday party?"

Naya shoved me back a bit, laughing. "Geez bitch soothe it down with the questions." She joked. I just frowned playfully and pushed her back. "Hey don't be a bitch." I chuckled out.

Naya just shrugged her shoulders with a smile. "My dad got promoted and well..now we're here. I came 2 weeks ago actually and I'm here at this birthday party because of my aunt. I think she's friends with your aunt or something. She kinda forced me to come. Ugh."

I just smiled amusingly at her last sentence. She's not very fond of birthday parties.

"Let's go inside. I need to grab the juice boxes for the children." Naya nods her head and walks beside me as we walk to the house, heading in to the kitchen.

"Naya Rivera?! Is that really you?"

Ah. Of course my mom would recognize her.

Naya grinned at my mom and the two shared a tight hug, my mom shaking her head. "Oh dear. The last time I saw you, you were so small. Look at you now. All grown up and very very beautiful." My mom smiled.

I fake gagged which caused my mom to smack my head. I winced, glaring playfully at Naya who laughed.

"Oh thank you. You look like you haven't aged at all Sinu. Still young and beautiful." Naya says and my mom just shakes her head, smiling.

Naya the little smooth talker. Always getting all the likes from people.

"How's your dad doing? And your mom? We should all go for barbeque sometime." My mom suggested.

They both began to engross themselves in small talk and I took this as my que to walk to the fridge, taking out the boxes of juice boxes before walking with it outside to place on the table.