5

Alexis

"Happy birthday baby girl" I cheer as I walk into Kimberlys room. Well... our room I guess.

After my parents left I sold everything of theirs, their clothes and bed and dresser, even the lights, anything for some extra cash. So their room is bare while I shared a room with my sister. Her and I shared this room like always, but when she was sick I slept out on the couch so I didn't get sick too. But we were reunited once again and it felt so good to be so.

I take the homemade cake I made her and stuck seven candles in them before bringing her breakfast in bed. You know, with the cake being the breakfast.

She shoots to the edge of the bed to where I was waiting for her and she looks at her cake. It wasn't much, but she doesn't know that and I would like to keep it that way. This way she doesn't feel so let down by the fact that we can't have these nice things she would want.

"Make a wish" I encourage and she closes her eyes. She opens them back up before blowing out the candles.

"Can we eat the cake now" she asks and I laugh.

"Of course. I got two forks right here" I say as I hand her one. We dig into the cake and spend the morning in bed just talking. She had a pretty amazing imagination and I'm pretty lucky that I get to be her big sister.

Eventually there's a knock on the door and I look at Kimberly.

"Who's that" I ask her. She's notorious for going into my phone and texting people without telling me.

"It's Jonathan" she says and my eyes go big.

"Jonathan!? Why is it Jonathan" I whisper yell.

"I invited him to my birthday party" she claims and I shake my head.

"We're not having a birthday party" I say.

"It's my birthday and there's cake... what do you call that" she asks and I roll my eyes. She's such a smart ass.

"Well I gotta go make myself not look like crap and you go answer the door, okay" I ask and she nods. She jumps out of bed and I go to the bathroom.

I find some nicer clothes to change into and brush my hair before braiding it. I wash my face and brush my teeth before making sure I didn't smell like complete shit. I hurry out of the bathroom and into the living room where Jon and Kimberly were on the couch. He had a big box sitting next to him as he talked to her.

"Hey" I start and he smiles up at me.

"Hey Lexi" he replies as I sit myself on the arm of the couch behind Kimmy.

"Alright, sissy is here now. Can I please open my present" Kim begs Jon.

"As long as its okay with your sister" he tells her. She turns to me and gives me a puppy dog face and even if I wanted to say no I couldn't.

"Go for it birthday girl" I encourage. She rips apart the wrapping paper before getting into the box. She takes the lid off and sitting inside was a beautiful pair of top of the line figure skates. My eyes go big as she lets out a blood curdling scream. She picks them up and stares at them like she just discovered new land.

"Hold on hold on. There's some things that come with this" Jon explains. "If they don't fit let me know and I'll go get a different size. And I can only take you to ice skating if your sister says it's okay" he explains. He turns to me and I'm sure I wore my terrified expression on my face.

"How about this. You go jump in the bath and we'll go somewhere nice for lunch and then we'll talk about this" I say to her and her face falls.

"Fine" she mumbles as she sets the skates back in the box then jumps off the couch. She waddles down the hallway and goes it it the bathroom to start her bath.