34

Alexis

After a long ass flight from Winnipeg to a cute little city called Mykonos we arrive in Greece ready to get our vacation on. The weather was perfect and the sun was shining as we arrive at the resort we would be staying in. We get settled into our little house and set up somethings to do in our time here. I wanted to go snorkeling and Kimberly wanted to swim with dolphins and Jon wanted to do some nature things. So we figure out what to do before deciding to just find a place to hang out for the night. We're going to be here for a while so there's no rush, it's our first time here and we wanted to get aquatinted with the place.

So we find a nice restaurant to go to and I sit down at the table. Jon sits next to me and Mallory sits across from me. I smile big as I look around, the culture dripping down the walls waiting for me to experience it.

"I don't think I've seen you this happy and not be on the ice in my life" Jon claims and I chuckle.

"I just... I've always wanted to travel. I've wanted to come to somewhere where I'm so new to everything that I have no choice but to sit here and learn things. I have to be different and have a open mind and I can be inspired all over again.

And this place... this place is beautiful. I'm so happy you talked me into coming here" I admit.

"I'm more than just a sexy hockey player" he teases and I giggle.

"Sometimes" I wink.

After a wonderful dinner we take our sleepy little girl and put her to bed. I change into my pjs and head to bed but before I get there I feel Jonathan wrap his arms around my waist. He pulls me away from the bed I was heading to and I start to laugh.

"What are you doing" I ask.

"I want to show you something" he claims.

He pulls me to the back of the house we were renting and up to the highest point of the yard. I see a blanket laying on the ground with a little radio next to it. It looked like some romantic scene from the movie where the girl first realizes that she loves the guy... I loved it.

He pulls me to the blanket and lays down. I lay my head on his chest as I look up to the stars. The music softly plays in the background as he laces his fingers through mine. He plays with my fingers as I just look up at the sky. Jonathan sings along to the radio and I lust let the moment take me.

"For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me."

"I didn't know you liked Celine Dion" I admit making him laugh. I feel his chest vibrate under me as he rubs my knuckles.

"She's Canadian. Of course I know Celine Dion" he defends.

"But you're a hockey player. Shouldn't you be listening to rock or edm or something" I ask.

"Probably. But there's a reason I don't get passed the Aux chord in the locker room" he chuckles.

"Would you really play this song for them" I question. 

"Well yeah. This is a amazing song" he insists.

"I still can't believe you know this song" I admit.

"I'm living it" he claims. I stop talking just so I could smile to myself. I capture the stars in my eyes as I get lost in them. I go to my own world among those stars so far away from anything until all I can hear is this song. All I can feel is this Jon's hand in mine holding me so tight yet so gentle. This is the love I had been dreaming of and it was finally mine.

"You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me."

As I listen to this song, for the first time in my life I actually listened to it. And for the first time I've felt this song, like how I feel the songs I skate to. I felt the words and the meaning. How a person can come into your life and take everything you know and change it. How Jon literally saved me from so many different things all while loving me. He was able to do these things because he loved me, how awesome is that?

"I can't believe I forgot this song existed. I forgot how amazing it was" I admit.

"Sometimes you have to do the same thing in a different way in order to truly appreciate it. Like listening to this song in this moment, even though you've heard it before it sounds different now than it did back then" he explains.

"You do have the tendency to make my life so much better than anything I would ever ask for" I admit.

"Well I'm glad to be in service of you" he teases.

"Everything I am, everything I do, it's because you love me. I hope you know that" I insist.

"Of course. But doesn't hurt to hear it every once in a while too" he claims and I smile.

"Well than Jonathan, I'm happy to tell you that I'm everything I am because you loved me."