20

Jon

"It's date night! It's date night" I cheer as I walk into the girls' room. Kimberly was all packed for a sleep over at a friends house and I was ready for a fun date in the city.

"When can I date" Kimberly asks as she picks her stuff up.

"Never" I say and Alexis laughs at me.

"What!? No fair" she pouts.

"I said what I said. It's done" I tell her.

"Sissy" she whines.

"I'm sorry but I'm with Jon on this one. Until I found him I was convinced that all guys are trash. And lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice so I get Jon and you'll probably live with us forever" Alexis claims as she finishes up getting ready.

"Then can I marry Jonny" Kimberly questions.

"Nope. He's mine" Alexis claims.

"You wanna marry me" I ask and she rolls her beautiful eyes. Not that I didn't think she would want to marry me, but it's still nice to hear.

"Not the point. The point is that Kimberly is not marrying you or any other boy" she says.

"Fine. Then I'll just marry myself" she claims trying to make us jealous.

"Okay" Alexis says as Kim lets out a little huff.

"Come on stinker. You got some friendship bracelets to make" I say as I pick her up.

We drop her off at her friends house before heading into the city. It's late April now, almost my birthday, and the post season was right around the corner. And life was good. I had a healthy and happy relationship, I was the captain of the best team the NHL has seen in a long time, maybe even ever, I get to be a important part of a child's life and I have an incredible family. This is the first time in my life I couldn't ask for more, my life was finally enough for me.

"You make me so happy" I mention as Alexis and I  walk around hand in hand. There wasn't anything we had on tap, just to walk around the city and see what calls our name.

"What makes you say that" she wonders.

"Everything really. It's not just one thing you say or do... just being around you makes me happy. Knowing what I know about you makes me happy" I explain.

"Well I'm glad I can be of service to you" she teases and I laugh.

"I know you always talk about how good I am for you, but this is a two way street girlfriend" I say and she laughs at me.

"Are you drunk" she asks.

"I'm drunk in love" I claim and she starts to giggle.

"You're defiantly drunk" she accuses.

"I'm not. I'm just really happy. And you're my number one source of happiness" I insist.

"Well Mr. Happy pants. What should we do tonight" she wonders.

"Lets go to the aquarium" I say and she lights up. Something tells me she's going to love the aquarium.

"You realize that if we go there without Kimberly she will never forgive us" she claims.

"Well I guess that just means we'll have to come back again" I say.

We find a taxi and go over to the aquarium. Once we get there and buy our tickets we walk around and Alexis was like a kid at... well at the aquarium.

"Have you been here before" I wonder as she leans against the glass. Her eyes search all over for something to awe at.

"Nope. We never had the time or the money" she sighs.