14

Jonathan

The Blackhawks organization is second to none. I'm lucky to be a part of such a historic and caring first class organization such as this one. They take good care of us and always make sure we get to do things we want.

Over the course of the season they usually hold get togethers and holiday skates and stuff like that for the guys to all hang out outside of the business sides of things. But with the lockout we missed all the holidays we usually celebrated together so we haven't got to hang out outside of the rink. And while we don't really need team bonding since we were already so close, it's still much appreciated.

So the Blackhawks are throwing a little record setting party for what we were able to accomplish to start of this season. We went 21-0-3 to start the season which has never been done before. And with only 40 some games to get into the post season it was so important for us to start off good. Just no one ever thought we would have gone that far into the season without losing in regulation.

And this would be the first time I would be bringing Alexis to a team event. We haven't had many team events this year but she's not around the other wives and girlfriends ever and if you ask them, she doesn't even exist. I mean, she's usually around the team anyway since she's a ice girl, but she's never come to something like this as my girlfriend. I've been keeping our relationship quiet not just from my friends but from everyone in general, not even my parents know about us. It's easier to heal when there isn't a bunch of people in your business and we've done just that. She's better now and she's well on her way to being everything she ever dreamed of. Luckily for me I get to be a part of her dreams, and now that she's doing better we can be more public with it.

So I pull on a pair of jeans and a nice shirt and Alexis changes into a romper she just got. It was all black and had the sides cut out showing off her toned body. She had such a great sense of style and she does it all herself, she was very prideful in everything she is and everything she has. 

Kimberly comes out of their room in a matching romper without the sides cut out and I smile. Her sister wouldn't let her have the cut out one for modesty reasons but she was still so stinking cute.

"My girls" I say as I pick her up and put her on my hip. She was pretty small for a seven year old and I fear the day I can't pick her up anymore.

"I look just like sissy" Kimmy cheers as she points to her face. She had on some lip gloss and a little blush so she would look like her sister.

"You are both beautiful" I insist. "You ready for this" I ask Alexis as she wraps her arm around me.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

We head over to a little place that was rented out for us to get our family friendly party on. There was food and a dance floor and games for the kiddos. When we walk in the first people I see us is Brent and his wife Dayna. And if you ask me there's not a better couple to start off with.

"Jonathan.... who do you have with you" Brent asks as he nods his head in Alexis' direction and I roll my eyes. He was my hockey dad... and a bad one at that.

"This lovely young lady is my girlfriend Alexis and this is her little sister and my best friend Kimberly" I introduce.

"I knew I've seen you around the boxes before. Hey kiddo, how old are you" Brent asks as he bends down to see eye to eye with Kimmy.

"I'm 7 but my sister says I have to stay 5 forever" she says and we all laugh.

"Guilty" Alexis admits.

"So, are you a model or something" Dayna asks her and she starts to blush.

"I'm a ice girl" she says and Dayna's eyes go really big.