49

Jonathan

It's not often times I like to get dressed up. Usually when I do it's for hockey and it's because I have to, but you won't find me in a suit and tie if I don't need to be. But tonight was special, I was going to make sure of it. Because I don't get many chances to have a fancy date, no matter how many times I want to. So I had some big plans for the night which went the whole nine yards, from the suit to the special ordered dinner, all having to do with celebrating Alexis and our special date.

I grab my special gift off my night stand and slid it into my suit pocket. I check the mirror one more time and decided that I actually looked pretty good.

"Your princess awaits" Kimberly announces into our room and I smile. I follow her out to the living room where Alexis was waiting for me.

Now there's not too many times in my life where I was at a lost for words

Now there's not too many times in my life where I was at a lost for words. I'm a natural born leader, I'm supposed to know what to say, even if it's hard to say it. I know the weight of the words has on people and I can usually figure out the right thing to say, or at least something to say. When I won the cup for the first time I was one of the few guys still able to talk. When my team is doing bad I always find the right words to say. With always being in my head I guess I've always had words that I could find lying around somewhere.

But right now, as soon as my eyes fell on her, I couldn't speak. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I stood there stunned as the most beautiful sight in the world makes itself known to me. And as she stood there in that beautiful dress that hugged her every curve I feel my mouth start to go dry. I felt like I had cotton mouth as I try to find the words that would quench my thirst, but there are none. There isn't a thing I could say right now that would tell her what I was feeling. How she made me think and how much I love her. I felt like I was in a dream, like she looked so good that there was no way this was real life. Like after everything we've gone through it all led up to this. I forgot how to do even the simplest of things when I first saw her, how am I supposed to survive the night?

"Please say something" she begs as she smiles over at me. She could tell I've been staring too long, but couldn't help it. Her long blonde hair curled and down for once as it flows down her sides. Her bright blue eyes stare right through me as I try to find the words to say. But I had nothing.

"What is there to say" I question as she shrugs. Her hair rolls off of her like waves onto the beach as she looks into my eyes.

"I don't know, anything" she admits.

"How about the fact that you are the most beautiful person in this world, inside and out. I could talk about the way your smile brightens my day when I just think about it. Or I can say something about the fact that you are constantly running through my mind and I wouldn't want it any other way. I can go on and on about how much you inspire me without saying a word, or how I will do anything to see you smile like you do when I'm around. But these words don't feel like they can do me any justice right now" I explain.