55

Jonathan

"More sparkles" Kimberly yells as she throws a handful of fake snow in the air. I watch it as it slowly falls to the floor as I just shake my head.

"Please no" I beg as I take the bag away from her. I shake all the snow off of Blue who was a victim of a Christmas sparkling before she runs to her kennel where it was safe.

We decided that today was the day we would put up the Christmas decorations around the apartment. So Alexis was hanging up stuff like stockings and lights while I assembled the tree and the Christmas fairy was literally throwing Christmas cheer around everywhere. I don't even know where to begin with picking this stuff up. I'm going to have to run the vacuum around everywhere once we're done.

"Well what do I do now" the little girl asks as I put the snow on a high shelf where she can't get to it. And her sister can't get to it to give it to her either.

"You can help me decorate the tree" I assure her and she smiles. Once I'm sure the tree is stable and won't crush her by falling on her we start to put up the ornaments. Blue follows Kimmy around the tree because he's being trained to do so. She's been doing great with her service dog training and should be able to come to games with us soon. Until then she's going to follow her person around until she gets the pets she deserves.

"You guys started decorating the tree without me" Alexis pouts making me smile. She was so cute when she pouts.

"Yes. But luckily for you anything above Kimberly's arm reach isn't done" I tease and she smirks. She joins us around the tree and helps us get it all decorated.

So we all mess around and spend the rest of the night decorating the tree. Kimberly picked out the biggest one we could find and I just couldn't tell her no. But now we got all the ornaments and the other good stuff on the tree and I have no idea how we get the angel on top.

"Okay... I have a idea but it's a awful idea" I admit.

"Let's hear it" Alexis insists.

"Have Kimmy get on your shoulders and you get on my shoulders. That should be enough height to reach the top" I say and her eyes go big.

"Yes" Kimberly cheers.

"No" Alexis insists. "If either of us get hurt were gonna piss a lot of people off" she insists.

"They won't be mad" I defend.

"They won't be mad that two Olympic athletes were caught in a Christmas crisis and can't compete for their country" she asks and I laugh.

"Come on! I won't drop you guys. I could never" I insist. She lets out a long sigh and I knew that I got to her.

She reluctantly gets Kimberly on her shoulders and I have her stand with her legs apart so I can crawl between them and stand up. After a few close calls I stand up and we get comfortable enough that we weren't swaying anymore.

"Alright, put the angel at the top" I beg before something goes wrong.

"Where is it" Kimberly asks and my eyes grow big. I look over and see the angel still in it's box on the floor by the other ornaments and Christmas decorations.

"Oh shit" I mutter as Alexis starts to giggle.

So we get everyone down safely and I open up the box. I make sure Kimmy has the angel before building our human totem pole again. Finally she gets the angel to the top and connects the wires. We get down and turn the tree on before stepping back and admiring our work.

"Wow... we're pretty good" Alexis admits.

"It's a little abstract" I start and Alexis glares at me. "But its so beautiful, inside and out. Just like my girls" I say pulling them each under my arm.

"I wouldn't change a single thing" Kimberly claims as I smile down at her.

"The feeling is mutual" I promise.

After we clean up the mess we made, and by that I mean all the snow Kimberly threw everywhere, we cuddle up under a blanket on the couch. Kimberly gets her own blanket and Alexis and I share one. We turn on the tv and find the first Christmas movie to watch.

Halfway through Frosty Returns I see that both of the girls had fallen asleep in my arms. But in their defense we had a long day today. We went shopping and decorated the apartment and made ourselves a winter wonderland. Both Alexis and I spent the whole day away from the rink for once and we played at the park with Kimmy and Blue and decorated. It was a pretty productive day even though we weren't on the ice. And moments like this make it seem worth all the while. To be here with my girls getting ready to spend our first Christmas together. I couldn't wait see what the future holds.

Eventually I fall asleep too because everyone else napping made me tired too, but when I wake up Alexis was laying on top of me and Kimberly wasn't on the couch. I try to get up and look around but I didn't want to wake Alexis up. But I also didn't want anything to be wrong with Kimberly too. So I look around and try to see what I can piece together. Her blanket was still here and her spot was warm so I don't think she's been gone for long.

A second later I see Kimberly come around the corner. Her arms full of snacks and foods from the fridge as she sets them down on the end table.

"What are you doing" I whisper so I don't wake Alexis.

"I'm making us dinner" she claims and I look at her weird. She had chips, mayo, relish, a loaf of bread, some of my proteins packets and a can of tuna sitting in front of her after she droped off all the food.

"What are you making" I wonder.

"A special taco" she claims and I laugh.

"How about I order us a pizza" I offer and she perks up.

"Okay" she cheers.

I wake Alexis up and once she sees the mess on the floor she understands why I did. So I help Kimberly pick up and put things back where she found them and Alexis orders us a pizza. We spend the rest of the night eating food we probably shouldn't be eating having more fun than ever doing so.