59

Alexis

For New Years Jon and I decided that we were just going to stay in instead of going out with our friends. We didn't feel like trying to find a sitter for Kimmy or finding New Year's party outfits. We were going to enjoy our last little time at home before worlds and the Olympics and everything else that hits us in the face. So I don't even bother putting shorts on today as I sat in the kitchen and baked. Kimberly and Jon spent almost the whole morning playing on the Wii before Jon took over and they started watching some college bowl games.

As the day wears on I join my two true loves in the living room and Jon pulls me into his lap. We snack on the treats I made and watch the games with indescribable passion. I never went to college so college sports never interested me. But something about bowl games gets you so excited.

"You know, I've been thinking a lot today" Jon starts as there's a lull in the day. Kimberly was in the bath and Blue had already gone to the bathroom so it was just him and I, at least for a little while.

"That's scary" I joke as he smirks at me.

"I'm serious. With it being the eve of the new year you're supposed to leave this year in the past. But everything about this year leads to a brighter future. This has been the best year of my life and I don't think I'm ready to let it go" he admits.

"The thing about the past, it is so tricky. No matter how good or how bad it was, it was never meant to stay. We're not meant to live in certain moments forever. We can cherish those moments, relish in them if we want, but life doesn't stop long enough for us to smell the roses for too long. The present becomes the past and all the sudden we missed more moments that we might want back some day. Just know those moments aren't dead, they're always going to be there. They'll be a part of us. But there's more moments in the future that we can make ours, I just know it" I explain. He softly kisses my temple before pulling me in closer to him. I wrap my arms around his chest and I could hear his heart beating against it.

"I remember the first time I saw you, the moment my life changed forever. I felt it, as soon as your eyes met mine. I felt everything you felt, a connection like no other. I was scared, I was confused, and I was suddenly angry at the reality of the situation. Going into the convenient store that night I didn't intend on finding the love of my life. I was looking for a drink and some cough drops then to get the hell out of there

But I guess you never look for true love. You can't find it that way. It kinda finds you, like how you found me. How you looked at me and in that very second I knew there wasn't a thing in this world I wouldn't do for you. There wasn't a thing I wouldn't want to do with you. Giving you that money was the best decision I've ever made in my life, and it wasn't much of a decision at all. It was a impulse, a reaction. It felt natural to become a part of your life" he explains as he looks down at me. I softly cup his cheek as he gives me a soft smile.

"When I walked out of the store I was still scared. I wasn't scared that the man would hurt me, I was scared because I was just sent a angel and I thought I lost it. I thought you had walked out of my life just as quickly as you walked in it. But you didn't, you stayed and you made sure I was okay. You assured me that for every evil in this world there is more good and that every once in a while it makes itself known. And you are the good in this world Jonathan, not just on the ice but in my heart, in Kimmy's heart. The fact that you checked up on me after everything proves that that night wasn't chance, it was fate. And fate always brings people together in the craziest of ways. In ways that don't always make sense.

But the worst day of my life turned into the best with just a look. That look you gave me when you walked up to the cash register willing to risk your own safety to help out a women you've never met before. Those kind of looks come once in a lifetime, yet every time you look at me I feel like that. Like in the end everything is going to be okay.

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, my life could be so much different if it wasn't for you. Kimmy could be dead, I could be homeless and I would have never found my love for the ice again. I promise you Jon, I thank god for you every single night. When I'm counting my blessings I count you five times because you allowed me to be who I am supposed to be and I can't express enough how thankful I am for you. I'm so proud of what we've been able to do together, and although it's only been a year, I know it's just the first of many" I promise.

He softly pulls me into a kiss and I take no time tangling my finger in his hair. He slowly rolls me on top of him so he was under me. His hands slip under my shirt and up to my bra.

"Excuse me" a small voice yells. "Am I supposed to just do this myself" Kimberly asks and I let out a laugh. I see her fully dressed but her clothes were soaked because she didn't dry off before changing after her bath.

"You're almost nine. You can dry off by yourself" I whine as I reluctant get up off Jonny.

"And I can eat by myself but some things are more fun with you" she claims and I smile.

"Alright... that was cute. Lets get you fixed up" I say.

I take her to her room and get her dried off and into fresh Pj's. I braid her hair so it wasn't dripping and she was set to go. So we join Jon on the couch as he finds the channel that will have to count down on. We listen to the music acts they had and ring in the new year a lot better than a year before.