44

Jonathan

"Let's have some fun" Alexis says as she skates over to me. She stops in front of me icing my pants a little as I glare at her.

"What do you want from me" I wonder trying to clean myself off of the mess she made.

"For today only I think that I should be practicing hockey and you should do figure skating" she claims nearly making my eyes pop out of my head. 

"Have you lost your mind" I question.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun" she claims.

"I see nothing fun about me falling on my ass making a complete fool of myself and you trying to shoot pucks at me all morning" I defend.

"That sounds pretty fun to me" she teases.

"Alright, how about this? If you teach me how to figure skate and I teach you how to play hockey, then after this you have to give me a full body massage" I bargain.

"Deal" she says as she puts her hand out. I regretfully shake hers as she smiles up at me. I had a bad feeling about this.

We go off and she finds herself some hockey skates and I find myself some figure skates. We get changed and the ice gets tended to before we get back out there. Even though we've messed around like this before I never had to wear figure skates. I was comfortable in my hockey skates and I knew how to work them, but I feel like I'm hitting left handed here.

"This is crazy" Lexi squeals as she tries to turn on the ice but can't.

"Why did you want to do this again" I ask.

"I don't know. Sometimes I get tired of the same old same old. I still love the ice though, so I want to change it up a little" she shrugs.

"And why did you pull me into this" I question.

"Because you can't tell me no and I thought it would be fun" she claims.

"Superhero's aren't supposed to use their powers for evil" I remind her making her giggle. I couldn't help but smile as she laughs at me.

"Every superhero has a weakness. And you're mine" she insists.

"Alright, that was pretty cute" I admit.

"I try to be."

After we stretch out and warm up we start with me teaching her how to play hockey. I see her more as a winger because she would be the least intimidating in the face-off and being a defensemen is just out of the question. So I put her on my wing and teach her how to stick handle and shoot.

And as much as I hate to admit it, she was pretty good. She had some accuracy and some power in her shot too. She wasn't just hitting the puck, she was actually shooting it where she wanted it to go.

"You should do shoot the puck at a game" I suggest and she laughs.

"I don't know about that. When it's just you and me I don't mind this. There's no spotlight, no pressure. When I'm performing I feel like I'm the only one out there. For however long in performance it's just me out there, no one else. I let the music take me and all the sudden I'm flying. Doing shoot the puck would scare the crap out of me" she claims.

"I think you would kill it. Everyone in and around Chicago loves you and it would be cool to see a local hero doing shoot the puck" I insist.

"That's super hero to you" she teases and I smile.

"You'll think about it" I beg and she smiles.

"I'll consider it" she promises.

So we keep working on her shot, not that she needed much work at all. After a while it was my turn to try my hand in these tricky figure skates. Now I've tried doing this stuff before, but never actually tried it. I was just messing around back then but now I have a coach and she was hard core. It's not her and I messing around this time, it's just me and she doesn't cut me any slack.

"I don't bend that way" I beg as she tries to put me in a position that no man should ever be in.

"Males figure skate all the time" she reminds me.

"And how many of them have two Stanley cups" I question as I return to a normal human position.

"None of the good ones" she teases.

"Okay, you got me there" I admit. "How much longer do I have to do this" I wonder.

"Until you get more than a few inches off the ground" she claims and I let out a huff.

"This is unnatural" I defend.

"Oh, and taking a stick trying to get a tiny piece of rubber in the tiny net behind the guy dressed like the hulk is so much more logical" the teases.

"You... are right" I sigh and she giggles.

"I know" she assures me.

"I'll give you 10 more minutes of this and I'm done" I insist as she holds her hands up in defense.

"Alright alright, 10 more minutes" she says.

And twenty minutes later we leave the ice a little sore but both feeling pretty accomplished. I was actually getting half good and didn't want to leave quite yet. But if I let her know that we would never ever leave here. She would keep me on the ice forever.

But we finally get home where all we can do now is eat lunch and wait for Kimberly to get home. So I help Alexis fix us some lunch and we head to the couch. We don't even turn the tv on as we sit and talk. And even though this was just a simple moment where nothing about our lives changes, it was some of my favorite moments. The times where nothing special happens, I just feel special because I'm with her. Even though she makes me do silly things like trade skates with her for the day, it's things like that that make a difference in the end.

"Alright, massage time" she claims as she moved her plate of food to the side. She never finished a whole meal from the whole time I've known her but she always tried to. It was cute.

"You don't have to" I insist. I didn't actually think she would do it.

"I want to" she claims and I raise a eyebrow at her.

"What? Why" I question.

"Because I like doing things for you. It makes me happy and it makes you happy, so why not" she shrugs.

"Well in that case" I say as I take my shirt off. She crawls over to me before sitting behind me. She starts to massage my shoulders and I try not to let out a moan. "Why are you so good at this" I ask as I melt into her hands.

"I know which muscles when skating get tense. And I know how to loosen them up" she claims.

"When you're done skating you should become a masseuse. You're really good at this" I insist.

"Hopefully by the time I'm done competing we're settled down with a family" she claims and I smile really big.

"I love that sound of that."