36

-SEOKJIN'S POV-
________________________

I stopped in my tracks and looked around, I sighed, nobody knows. I give up. As I was about to turn around I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around completely to see who it is, it was Namjoon. He came closer and whispered in my ear. "His mother abandoned him, we found her friend and she said that she left." I saw the child resting his head on Namjoon's shoulder.

I went behind him and saw the small one, crying silently, "Hey buddy." I said, ruffling my hand through his hair. "Uh, you're coming back home with us, okay? Your mommy isn't around. We can't find her."

The little boy nodded and the three of us headed back to the car. I'm pretty we just kidnapped a child unintentionally.

★★★

We arrived at our house, and entered it. The small child who goes by, 'Baekhyun' apparently, was walking in front of us. He said the small puppy, and ran towards it.

Namjoon and I took the chance to go into the bedroom and talk.

"What do we do?" I asked, "I think we basically just kidnapped a child unintentionally."

We kept our voices low, making sure Baekhyun wouldn't hear us.

"I don't know, I've never been in these situations." He said, "Maybe we have to call the orphange or something." Namjoon crossed his arms. "Call them later." I said, "Let's see what they can do."

He sighed deeply, "I'll just call now." I felt really nervous, I left the bedroom, closing the door behind me. I went into the living room where Baekhyun was playing with Snowy.

He noticed me, "What's your name?" He asked, grinning.

I came over and sat down, "My name is Seokjin, but call me Jin."

"And that man that was with you?" He asked.

"His name is Namjoon."

I smiled at him, he's such a cute child. Why would anyone give this child away?

"I'm gonna go talk to him," I said, and smiled. I got up and headed towards the bedroom once again, I felt really nervous again. I entered the bedroom, Namjoon's back was facing me. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. "So, did you call?" I asked.

"Yes, I explained the situation about Baekhyun. They said we could keep him." Namjoon said.

I've never felt so happy, even thought I just met this child, I felt so attached to him. Like if he was my own. I squealed in excitement, and spinned around. I hugged Namjoon. "We have a child now!" I said, happily.

"But.. we have to sign some papers first before we can claim him." He said.

"Okay!"

But, then I stopped, the kid knows that his mother left him, how come a child as small as him knows what that even is? Small kids like him wouldn't even know what would be going on. So, how come?

I quickly went into the living room to find Baekhyun crying, "Mommy's gone. S-She isn't c-coming back.. S-She l-left me a-again. They're go-gonna send me b-back.." He mumbled to himself.

As soon as I found him curled up and crying, I went over to him and crouched down, "Sweetheart, don't cry. We're here." He saw me and immediately put his little arms around me. "D-Don't send me b-back.." He sniffled, "ple-ease.."

"Don't worry.. you're not going anywhere, we're keeping you." I said, hugging back his small 4-year-old body, "And we're not leaving you."