The Tape Player

(A/n): Welcome to one of the bonus chapters, sometimes they'll be counted in the timeline, like this one, and others won't, by the way this is before the Crystal Venom episode, so after Rebirth

(Y/n)'s POV
"Brandy wears a braided chain, made of the finest silver from the North of Spain, a locket that bears the name, of the man that brandy loved." I sung out.
I paused my music once I heard a knock on my door, "Coming!" I opened the door and saw Keith. "Oh Keef!" I smiled. "Hey (N/n)." He said as he walked in. "You had anything to ask me?" I asked.
"I just wanted to know if you're okay, I mean you did get hit a few times yesterday." Keith said. I sat on the bed and patted the seat next to me, "Yeah I am, just a little sore, but I'm alright."
Keith sat next to me, "That's good, so what is that thing?" I blinked, "Are you kidding me, you don't know what a cassette tape player is?" Keith shook his head. "It's a player for music," I say as I pull out my personal mixtape, "You put these in it, and it plays music, look put these on."
I gave him the headphones and he put them on. I put the tape back in, then I pressed play and he nodded his head along to the beat. "He came on summer's day, bringing gifts from far away, but he made it clear he couldn't stay, no harbor was his home." I sung.
He listened longer then smiled. "You have a great music taste." He said a little loud. "Pft, why thank you kind sir." I said. He closed his eyes, he seemed so concentrated. [( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) *adds this*]

  'He looks so calm, and hot.' I thought leaning in a little. He quickly opened his eyes and took off the headphones. I pushed the pause button and looked at him in concern.
"Keith are okay?" I asked while putting a hand on his shoulder. He was silent and I got even more concerned. "Keith answer me please." I asked. He looked at me a mumbled, "I heard a g note, then the g flat, then I realized it was too late."
I sighed then hit his arm, "Don't fucking do that that, you scared me!" He rubbed his arm and pouted, "I'm sorry but no matter what, I can't stop my reaction to the g-note!" I rolled my eyes and exchanged the headphones for some earbuds, so we could both listen to the song.
I gave Keith one bud, while i had the other. We both put them in and i pressed play. "When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city, to see a marching band." I sung. "He said son when you grow up, would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned." Keith sung out.
I looked at him and he looked at me. I blushed and smiled. "He said will you defeat them, your demons, and all the non- believers, the plans that they have made." I sung. "Because one day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the summer." Keith continues.
"To join the Black Parade!" We both sing together. I laugh with Keith as we listen to the rest of the song. After we finished it I pushed pause and put away my player. "I didn't know you liked My Chemical Romance?" Keith stated.
"Well I mean Lance and I had to go through that stage at some point." I said as I layed down. Keith layed down next to me smiling, "Are you serious, Lance listened to MCR?" I laugh and nod. "Yeah, his favorite one was Cancer, cause he was the edgy one, I was the one who was dragged into it." I told him. Keith laughed and clutched his stomach, "So you're telling me that Lance got you into MCR?" I nod and look at him, "Just don't let him know that I told you about it, he'd never forgive me."
He smiles, "You have my word, I won't tell Lance." We lay around for a while, just enjoying the silence. "So that night, when we found the blue lion, when you came over on the space bike, how'd you know to ride it?" Keith asked.
I looked at him, "What do you mean?" "Well I-I mean the only other person i knew who could ride those was Shiro, so I thought that other people didn't care for it, no offense." Keith said. "Non taken," I said, "My uncle used to own a shop repairing and selling those things, sometimes he took me on rides on 'em, but in the garrison I had the most experience with them, mostly because I was assigned to fix them durring detention."
Keith looked at me in shock, "They didn't keep you in those empty classrooms?" I shook my head, "Nope, I think they thought I would trash the classroom before my detention was up."
Keith crossed his arms, "Lucky, you didn't have to sit in a boring classroom." I laugh at his pouting, "Well what happened to you?" He looked at me, "I was was always assigned to Adam, he was Shiro's boyfriend, he gave me this long ass lecture every single time."
"That's tough buddy." I said as I laid my head on his lap. His breath hitched as I did that, so I got up. "I'm sorry, It's just a habit of mine, I can stop if it makes you feel uncomfortable." He shook his head, "No no it's fine."
  I laid back on his lap, he even played with my hair a bit. I closed my eyes and relaxed, Keith presence felt so calming, like I could lay there for hours and never move. I opened my eyes and got up. "Oh wait, I think I have something in my backpack!"
I went over to it and looked through it, there was a roll of bandages, some more mixtapes, a journal and pen, and finally my instax mini camera. I pulled it out and showed it to Keith, "Want to take a picture?"
"Sure." He said with a smile. I sat next to him and he put his arm around my shoulders. I stretched out my arm but it didn't reach far enough. Keith laughed and grabbed the camera, "You have small arms." I lightly slapped his sides, "Shut up Mullet head."
  He rolled his eyes and stretched his arm out, "3, 2 ,1." We both smiled as the flash went off. He took out the picture and started shaking it. After a few seconds it developed, Keith and I smiling, but there was something in the background.
"What the?" Keith mumbled as he looked at the photo. I turned around and saw the mice on my pillow. "When the fuck did you guys get in here?" I asked. They squeaked and climbed onto our shoulders.
"Don't you dare tell anyone about this." Keith said. They looked frightened and nodded. I laughed as they all climbed down to our hands. One mouse pulled my as the other pulled Keith's. They turned my hand over and put Keith's on top.
Our hand held each other, and we blushed. The mice squeaked and left the room as me and Keith stared at each other. Keith slowly leaned in and so did I. Soon our foreheads were touching and Keith spoke, "(Y/n) there's something I've been meaning to tell you."
I looked at him and he continued, "I um, well you see." "Just say whatever is on your mind Keith." I said looking into his eyes. He physically relaxed and held both my hands. "(Y/N) Mclain... I... I like you," Keith said, "And when I say Like, I don't mean platonic like, more like romantic love."
My eyes widen and I blushed, 'Holy Shit '. Keith sighed, "I understand if you don't feel the same way." I held his hand a little tighter, "No, no I feel the same way too, I love you too Keith." He smiled, "R-really?" I smiled, "Really."
He laughed a bit then stared into my eyes again, "I also have one more thing on my mind." I raise my brow as he continues, "Can I kiss you?" I nodded. Then we closed in the space.
I felt all giddy and warm, is this truly what love feels like? We pulled away and smiled. "Woah." I murmured. He smiled, "You got that feeling too huh?" I nodded. He got up and so did I. "So what does this make us now?" I asked.
He thought about it for a second, "I guess boyfriend and girlfriend, is that what you want to be." I smiled, "Yeah, that would be nice." He walked over to the door and it slid open, "Well then it's official, Goodnight (N/n)."
I went over and kissed his cheek, "Goodnight Keith." He smiled and walked out, the door closing behind him. I changed into some pajamas and laid down on my bed. I put my hand up to my lip and smiled. 'I have a boyfriend now, and he's the best one for me.' I thought.
  I heard quiet squeaks then I looked at the door. There they were the mice looking at me. My eyes widened, they pretended to leave, so that means they saw everything. "Don't you dare tell Allura!" I said as they ran out the door this time.
I sighed and started to close my eyes, replaying what just happened in my head. Then my eyes widened again, "How am I gonna tell Lance?"

(A/n): Hope you guys like this cheesy piece of shit, I made this at 3 am with a totally different mindset on, and it is currently 2 PM now... well hopefully this is what you wanted, also who knows what the mice will do next  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1,681 words