Eye of the Storm [Part 1]

(Y/n)'s POV

We were all standing there in shock at the large Galra ship along with a platoon of Zarkon's army ships standing dangerously in front of us. "Zarkon! How did he find us?!" Allura gasped. "His commander must have radioed him from Olkarion." Keith muttered.

"We need to wormhole, now. Everyone to your stations, we need to put some distance between us and Zarkon." We nodded and quickly ran to our seats. "This could be the fight of our lives." At that second, the fighter ships started shooting the castle's particle barrier.

"That's sure is a lot of fighters..." Hunk gulped. "Allura, can you evade these fighters? We can't have them following us through the wormhole." Shiro asked while focusing ahead. "I can try." Allura then started the castle's booster rockets and we flew away. But the fighter ships followed us like a swarm of bees.

"Keith, Lance, (y/n). Let's lay down some covering fire." We nodded and a screen came out with two hologram handles. Grabbing the handles, we directed our defence drones to shoot lasers at the ships. 'Hey, this kinda reminds me of Galaga!' I thought.

"Lance! Incoming, 12 o'clock hot!" Pidge called out. "Got it!" Lance replied and got his defence drone ready but Keith's drone suddenly pushed it aside and shot the incoming ships."Sorry. Gotta be quick." Keith remarked.

Lance then bumped his drone at Keith's. "How's that for quick?" Lance shot back. "You..." Keith growled and the two drones started hitting each other non-stop. "Knock it off!" I exclaimed and jammed my drone at the two drones to separate them.

'Okay but it was kinda funny to see the drones act like them' I thought. "Come on you guys, stay in your zones." Shiro said. "Yeah Keith!" Lance shouted in annoyance at the mullet hair boy. "Keep calling out those fighters Pidge. Hunk, how are the defences holding?" Shiro called out.

I looked over to see Hunk rub his tired eyes and squint at the screen. "I-I don't know, 10%. 15% maybe. Everything's a blur, I've been up too long, I have tired eyes." Hunk whined. "I know we just came out from an intense battle but we gotta stay focused. Just until we jump." Shiro said.

"And when is that?!" Keith yelled right after the ship got hit again. "They're still close. We need to gain more speed." Coran exclaimed as he accelerated the ship. "I got an idea. Hold on!" Allura exclaimed. The ship suddenly went faster, pushing us to the back of our seats.

"Allura, what are you doing?!" Pidge cried out as we found ourselves heading straight for a moon. "I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed and put some distance between us and Zarkon." Allura explained as she directed the castle to fly around the moon. We all grabbed our seats tight at the jerky ride.

"We're clear to wormhole!" Coran grunted. Allura immediately used her powers and created a wormhole. The castle flew inside and immediately the wormhole closed, leaving the galra ships out. As we travelled through the wormhole, I saw dangerous blue lightning around us and the alarms were going off.

"We got away from Zarkon, but how come we're still on alert?" Lance asked.
"Coran, what's going on?" Shiro asked. From where I was sitting, I could see Allura leaning forward a little, gripping onto the pillars for support.

"Oh no! Teludav malfunction! We're about to exit this wormhole a lot sooner than we'd planned!" Coran cried out in panic. Right after he said that, the wormhole exit appeared and we flew right through it. "Whoa, where are we? Looks like some ice berg graveyard." Lance commented as we looked at the masses of floating blue rocks in front of us.