4

"ITS MY FAULT," THE PHRASE REPEATS itself in her head like a record on repeat

"ITS MY FAULT," THE PHRASE REPEATS itself in her head like a record on repeat. She feels like it's her fault, she feels like she led the sea of walkers here because of the encounter earlier on. For crying out loud, the walker that had her bit Amy in her neck, it was her fault, she got her twin killed.

Staring down at the ground blankly, with tears threatening to spill down her blood covered cheeks, she feels herself beginning to tremble from the sadness, fear and anger. A gun cocks and Aria looks up, her blue eyes wide. Confusion settles in her once she sees Andrea pointing a gun at Rick. Pushing herself up to her knees, she pushes the tears back before setting her hand on Andrea's wrist, causing the older sister to turn towards her. "Stop." She whispers, her voice breaking.

Slowly and gently pulling the gun out of Andrea's hand, Aria sets it on the ground beside her, sending Rick an apologetic look. As he walks away, Aria lays her hands on her knees, staring down at Amy. She was the prettier twin, the smarter twin, the better twin overall. Everyone loved Amy, how is that fair?

Tracing her name in the dirt, Aria hums a tune to herself, spacing out. Life isn't fair; nor will it ever be. This death proves it to Aria, life is a horrible thing. She lost her other half, the one person that understood her more than anyone. Raising her hand and wiping her eyes, she shakingly stands to her feet. Wiping her hands on her jeans, she walks forward, past her two sisters and towards Rick and Shane. "I—Is there anything I can do?" Her quiet and fragile voice surprises the two men and they look up at her, their eyes holding sympathy.

Hating the feeling of being sympathized, she stuffs her hands in her pockets, lowering her eyes down to the ground beneath her. "I need to do something, please." She begs, raising her hand and rubbing her sore and stinging eyes.

"Uh—alright. You can fix everyone some water?" Rick answers, the solution coming out more as an question than a statement. Nodding, she turns away from them and walks towards the buckets. Opening all the caps to the water bottles, she dunks one of them in the bucket, filling it up.

Standing up to her feet and holding all of the water bottles, she makes her way towards a sad looking Glenn. "Are you okay?" She quietly asks him, motioning for him to take one of the bottles. Glenn nods slowly, unscrewing the cap and taking a sip.

"Are you?" He asks and Aria frowns, licking her lips.

"I will be." She whispers before walking off, shuffling over to an angry Daryl.

"What do you want?" He snarls and she takes a deep breath before clearing her throat, lowering her eyes down to the ground.

"Take it." She utters, shoving a water bottle his way. As the water bottle is pulled from her hand, she looks up, meeting his narrowed eyes.

"I guess now we both know how it feels to lose a sibling." Turning on her heel, she walks away from him, feeling his stare on her back.

Once she finishes her rounds, she slowly walks over to Andrea, crouching down behind her. "It's time." She tells her and Andrea turns her head, looking at her younger sister with narrowed eyes.

"Of course you'd say that." Andrea snaps and Aria furrows her eyebrows in confusion, confused at why Andrea is now mad at her.

"You've always been jealous of Amy! Always!" Standing to her feet, Aria closes her eyes, trying to block the tears that are welling up her in eyes.

"This is all your fault, if you didn't go hunting yesterday and attracted that one walker, Amy would still be here!" Andrea yells and Aria nods, opening her eyes, the wet, hot tears falling down her cheeks.

"Nice to know you feel that way." Aria whispers, turning around and storming away from Andrea, ignoring all of the stares from the spectators.