90

ARIA SITS NEXT to Maggie, a book in hand

ARIA SITS NEXT to Maggie, a book in hand. Aria's worried for the pregnant female, she isn't look too good. Maggie's pale and her face is full of pain and agony. It hurts Aria to see her like this. The two have never really been close, but they're family.

Rick is crouched down next to Maggie as he holds her hand, consoling her. He's worried about her everyone is. Aria pushes a fallen piece of hair out of her eyes before standing to her feet, the book in her hand closing. As she walks out of the door, she sends the pair a reassuring nod, hoping it settles them down a little. "What the bitch?" Her blue eyes dart over towards the windshield and she advances forward, eyebrows pinched together in confusion.

The RV slows to a stop and Aria glances behind her to see Rick shuffling towards them. "What?" Aria quickly moves out of the way so Rick can see properly. "Enemy close." Aria pulls her pistol out as she eyes the people nervously. She sadly watches as the man on the ground withers in pain. "We doing this?" Abraham asks, the group staring at Rick expectingly. "No."

The group follow Rick out as he leads them like a ringleader. He's the person they look to when there is a problem. They've gladly accepted him as their leader. "He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen." The man standing before them say. Aria converts all her weight onto one leg, her eyes narrowed as she studies each man in the group. They look like they've been through this before and they most likely have. "We can make a deal right here, right now."

The man smiles, showcasing his pearly whites. "That's right, we can." From a yard away, Aria can feel that he enjoys this. He likes being in control of a situation. "Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen." Rick lowers his hands as he shakes his head, a small smile fixating on his face. "Yeah that deal's not going to work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you."

That's the difference between these two groups. One will kill out of cold blood, only for a few things. While the other will hold back and try to compromise, they don't like killing but they will kill. "Any more of you." Aria's eyebrows fly up as she holds back a chuckle. She wasn't expecting him to say that but she's glad he did. Aria has found out this group of Saviors are assholes. They like to take control of people, they're manipulators. Aria doesn't like manipulators.

A spray can begins to rattle as another man stares down Aria and her group. The man bends down and sprays something on the torso of the writhing man and Aria cranes her neck to try and see what he's doing. "Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate." Rick nods and motions for the group to head back to the RV. "Me and my people are leaving." Aria walks backwards, her eyes glued on the group of Saviors. "Okay, friend."

♚ ♛

Aria chews on her thumbnail, her heart pumping in her ears. There is a plan forming in her head and it's a dangerous one. It can get her killed but she can't think of the what if's right now. They have encountered the Saviors multiple times now and they're losing daylight, they have to get Maggie there. And this plan is their only chance now.

She still can't seem to get that man out of her mind. The Saviors has thrown him over the bridge and let him choke to death that's heartless. "We have to go on foot. We can manage our way through the woods, we've done it before." She informs everyone, her eyes darting around to take in their expression. "What if they find us?" Sasha asks and Aria gulps, her palms wiping harshly against her jeans. "They won't. I'm going to be distracting them." She whispers and Rick begins shaking his head, along with the others. "No."

"I need to do this. We have to get Maggie to Hilltop and if that means I have to distract those people, than so be it." Aria bravely says, standing to her feet. "I'll be fine." Eugene exhales before meeting Aria's eyes. "They aren't waiting on us, per se, they're waiting on this rust bucket." Aria nods, agreeing with the smart man.

"You lead them, here. I'll be waiting." Aria tells Eugene, motioning down towards the map as she circles a small town. Eugene nods and they glance at each other, sending the other a reassuring nod. Aria moves out of the RV, her hands beginning to shake nervously. This is a suicide mission and part of her is cursing herself for putting her unborn baby in danger. But the other part, it's in survival mode. Rick walks towards Aria, a sniper in hand. Before he hands the sniper over to her, he pulls her into a tight hug, the two sharing a moment.

"You've been with us since the start. You have always been there thank you." Aria nods, pulling away from him so she can wipe her teary eyes. "You're acting like you won't ever see me again." She chuckles, her tongue running over her dry lips. "Be safe, alright?" Aaron moves forward to hug Aria and she gladly accepts the embrace, a small smile fixated on her face.

Once all the farewells are done and over with, Aria takes the sniper out of Rick's hands. "Stay safe and I love you guys."