74

PULLING THE CHAIN through the hole drilled in the blue rock, Aria glances back out of the window before returning back to her task

PULLING THE CHAIN through the hole drilled in the blue rock, Aria glances back out of the window before returning back to her task. She can't shut her mind off, it's on high alert. She tried to sleep but every time she closes her eyes, his face appears and she can't handle it. Even with Daryl in the room with her, she feels unsafe, as if James is going to come in and do something to her. She wanted to tell Daryl what happened but she couldn't bring herself to do it. His threat echoes in her mind loudly and she can't seem to shut it off. Daryl immediately noticed something was wrong with her but after she had snapped at him and they got in a small argument, he let the suspicion go.

Aria sets the newly made necklace down on the window seat, pulling her knees up to her chest as she presses her back against the wall. She gazes out of the window in fear that any moment now, James will just appear out of nowhere. Her heart is racing quickly as her hands tremble and sickness builds up in her stomach. Aria takes a deep breath, her body feeling like it's suffocating. She's beginning to panic from the what if's swarming in her mind. The feelings she has been feeling begin to cascade down her cheeks, leaving a wet trail behind. Her hands clasp over her mouth as she prevents the sobs from escaping her mouth.

Breathe in, breathe out. Her mom's voice repeats in her mind as Aria follows the steps, drawing in and releasing shaky breathes as she struggles to calm herself down from her attack. Aria's eyes dart over towards the bed, the mattress squeaking from movement. Daryl's silhouette raises from the bed, the moonlight lighting up it face slightly. "You alright?" His gruff and groggy voice speaks out, his eyes squinted as he struggles to see her in the darkness. "Yeahjust have a headache and can't sleep." She lies, pulling at the end of her hair.

"Come 'ere." Daryl grumbles, motioning towards the spot next to him. Aria stands up from the window seat, shuffling over towards the bed. As she gets comfortable in the bed, she raises her gaze up towards Daryl. "Can I?" She whispers and Daryl hesitates before nodding, Aria curling up close to his body. The two have never cuddled with anyone, but there's a first time for everything, right?

♚ ♛

Aria sits at the counter, the pile of papers in front of her as she writes down and draws random stuff, boredom overcoming her. She's worried; her group is out leading a huge herd of walkers away and the last she heard from them was that some of the herd had broken off, nothing else has came over the small portable radio. Looking up from the doodles, Aria's eyes trail over towards Carol and she quirks up an eyebrow as she stares at the bowl. "What are you making exactly? That paprika is burning my nose."

Carol sends Aria a small look before sliding the pan in the oven, turning back around towards Aria. "Casserole." Aria nods, setting the pen down on the notes. Pushing her chair back, Aria stands to her feet and stretches her arms above her head, a yawn escaping her lips. "Aria!" Carol snaps and Aria spins around, eyebrows flying up in alarm. Carol shoves a knife in Aria's hand and Aria glances out the window, terror filling her eyes as she watches a man chop off body parts. "Take out as many as you can."

Aria gulps, drawing in a shaky breath. After Carol leaves, Aria hesitantly leaves out of the front door, darting behind a dark bush as she clenches her jaw tightly. A horn begins blaring loudly and Aria visibly winces from the harsh sound. She's scared; she's never really had to fight people with a knife before, its always been a gun. You can do this. Jumping out from behind the bushes, Aria rushes towards a man with his back towards her and she jumps on his back, slashing the knife across his throat, his body falling towards the group limply. Aria climbs to her feet, glancing around nervously. Noticing the horn has been cut off, Aria gets distracted.

A body rams into Aria's knocking her to the ground and causing the knife to fly out of her hand. As the woman brings the axe down on Aria, Aria catches the handle, gripping it tightly as the two females fight against each other. Aria quickly flips the two over and the woman loses grip on the axe. Aria swings down the axe on the woman's head, the blood splattering over her face. Three gunshots ring though the air and Aria swivels her head around, her eyes catching sight of one of the bad people shooting at other two bad people. Standing to her feet, Aria swiftly grabs her knife before running after the seemingly good person.

Jumping over the black rails, Aria lands on a body and she brings the knife down to the females head before turning towards the man. She brings herself to her feet as the two stare down each other and she clutches the blade in her hand, piercing the same spot she had pierced the other day. Aria raises her arm and throws the knife through the air, the blade spinning before hitting the man in the throat, gurgling noises coming from his mouth. Rushing over, Aria grabs the knife, turning towards the good person, her eyes narrowing as she holds the knife in her hand.

The person pulls the mask down and Aria lets out a sigh of relief as she recognizes Carol. The two females rush into the armory and Aria grabs her pistol, stuffing it in her holster before grabbing an assault rifle. Jogging out of the door and up the stairs, Aria's eyes dart around as she runs across the pathway. Two men cross her path and she aims at them before squeezing the trigger, the two falling down in front of her.

A U T H O R
ooh look at aria being a bad chick.