13

ARIA SITS ON THE roof of a car, looking up at the dark sky with sparkling stars

ARIA SITS ON THE roof of a car, looking up at the dark sky with sparkling stars. She can't sleep or at least she hasn't tried. She doesn't want to go to sleep and see her sister like she's been doing. The dreams torture her like nightmares and she can't take it any longer.

The RV door opens and it clangs against the frame of the recreational vehicle, causing the female to snap out of her thoughts. Turning her head, she watches as a familiar red neck makes his way out, his crossbow thrown over his shoulder. Andrea walks out after him, shutting the door behind her. "I'm going for a walk. Shine some light in the forest. If she's out there, give her something to look at." Daryl informs both Dale and Aria. As he walks past the car she's on, the pair make eye contact. Clenching her jaw, Aria lowers her eyes down to her lap, reminding herself that she can't get close to anyone else.

Aria hunches over, her eyes fixated on her hands which are trembling for no reason. Well, not no reason. Her thoughts are full of different things, ranging from her past life, to her sisters, to Daryl. It's freaking her out, badly. One part of her wants to get close to people while the other part of her wants to distant herself, it's mentally tiring her.

The car shakes and a body sits down next to her, causing her to look up from her hands and meet the familiar blue eyes. "Uh—Are you alright?" He asks and Aria presses her lips in a line, nodding slowly. "Yeah." She whispers, clasping her hands together, tightly. She hates lying about her feelings, sometimes she wishes she could just tell someone and get them all out but she can't and that hurts her.

"You're lyin'." Daryl utters and Aria furrows her eyebrows, a frown playing on her lips. "No. I'm not alright but is anyone?" Aria admits, her voice cracking at the end. No one is alright and that sucks. "I lost my sister. My older sister is angry at me? Carol lost her daughter. If you get close to anyone nowadays, you're in risk of losing them in a deadly way and that hurts, Daryl!" She rants, tears being brought to her eyes.

"My life wasn't amazing before this but i'd much rather be getting bullied everyday and be second best than living in this fucked up world people call home." Aria lets a few tears drop, a weight being lift off of her shoulders as she admits her deepest secret to a man everyone seems to be wary of. Quickly wiping the tears off of her cheeks, she meets Daryl's eyes. "This world can easily break people and that's what it's doing to me."

Without thinking, she pulls him into a hug, causing him to tense under her touch. She pulls away quickly, jumping off the vehicle and muttering apologizes at an impressive speed. Walking away, she begins to scold herself for being so stupid and careless.

♚ ♛

Aria hops out of the RV, looking around at the farm. A new start—she guesses. A new start isn't always good though. The front door swings open and out walks Rick and Lori. Sending them a small and subtle wave, Aria stands behind the group, looking over at the new people. "How is he?" Dale asks the question everyone has been wondering.

"He'll pull through—thanks to Hershel and his people." A small smile makes it's way on Aria's lips and she nods, clasping her hands together. "And Shane. We'd have lost Carl if not for him." Rick cuts in and Aria turns her attention over to a different looking Shane. With his hair now shaved off, it gives him a mean looking vibe along with the baggy clothes and the scowl on his face.

As everyone makes their way forward, giving Lori and Rick a hug, Aria sends T-Dog a smile, walking forward and giving him a hug. "How are you feeling?" She asks as she pulls away from him, a concerned look on her face. "Better." T-Dog chuckles lightly, sending his concerned friend a tight-lipped smile. Walking away from T-Dog, Aria looks over towards Glenn, waving at him. Glenn waves back before nodding his head over to the small family. Turning her head, her eyebrows furrow as she studies the family.

The oldest—Hershel, seems to be the father of the two younger females as they stand beside him. The oldest female, sports blonde hair which is held back in a ponytail and she wears a white dress, her feet covered with cowboy boots. The next female has a head of short brown hair and the purple top she has on compliments her brown hair amazingly. The youngest and seemingly most vulnerable one has blonde hair, the same color as Aria's and she has bright blue eyes, which show innocence through them. The white top on her shoulders make her look paler but cause her blue eyes to shine brightly. The male next to her, which is most likely her boyfriend because of the interlocked hands, on top of his head sits a brown cowboy hat and his shirt is soaked with sweat from the Georgia heat.

Aria doesn't know anything about them but what she has concluded is that they're helpful people who will probably turn out to be just fine.