82

ARIA STARES AT Rick and Michonne, eyebrows raised and her gun pointed

ARIA STARES AT Rick and Michonne, eyebrows raised and her gun pointed. She never expected them two to hook up but now that they have, she's loving the pairing. She's relieved the two have finally found happiness. But if Rick happens to hurt Michonne, he better be ready for a boot up the ass.

"It'sit's okay." Michonne stutters and Aria keeps her weapon raised, eyes narrowed at Jesus. He doesn't look like he would harm anyone, but what does she know? Nothing. "You said we should talk. So, let's talk."

Aria stands behind Michonne, her eyes glued to Jesus as she waits for his answer. "One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" I like this guy. Aria thinks to herself, an impressed look on her face. She's not as intimidating as the others around her and she's not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. "Right." Daryl snaps, looking down at Jesus. Aria prevents herself from looking in his direction as she wraps her hand around the chair's bars, her tongue running over her dry lips. "I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?"

"More than that." Maggie speaks up, arms cross over her chest as she glares over at Jesus. "Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." Shifting all her weight onto one leg, Aria zones out, her eyes lowering down to the new gauze wrapped around her knee. Last night as she was reading How to Kill a Mockingbird, she realized that she had given Rick and Daryl a scare when they saw the blood soaking her pants. They had thought she had gotten bit and Aria realized that's why Daryl was mad at her. He thought she was going to die and Aria would be pissed too if that had happened.

"part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people and this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other." Maggie, Michonne and Aria glance around at each other as they personally think through the options. The three girls are leaders here—whether they know it or not. The people look up to them for help with different things. With Maggie; they look up to her for leadership, they look up to her as the co-leader. Michonne; she's the peacemaker, the female who intervened and makes a solution. Aria; she's the planner, the woman who plans what the future is going to be.

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Everyone turns their attention over towards Jesus, curiosity evident in their eyes.

"You're worlds about to get a whole lot bigger."

♚ ♛

"Sowere you going to tell me about you and Rick?" Aria asks Michonne as she makes her way down the steps, the two females following behind Jesus. Michonne smirks, sending a small wink her way. "Nope." Aria's mouth falls open and she hears Jesus chuckle ahead of them. "Asshole."

The trio walk past Daryl and Aria lowers her gaze towards the ground, his hand grabbing ahold of her wrist gently. "Maybe you should stay back." He utters and Aria shakes her head, a little relieved that he's actually talking to her. "I know you're upset about me sneaking out yesterday. But I can handle myself, Daryl. I'm not weak." He drops her wrist and nods, turning back to shut the small cage of the RV. Aria blows out a breath and moves past him, making her way into the RV.

Aria sits across from Jesus, intensely staring down at the book in her lap. "How to Kill a Mockingbird? I love that book." Aria raises her head, meeting the blue eyes of Jesus, her eyebrows scrunched together. Contemplating whether or not to reply, she nods her head and marks the page before gently closing the book. "Glenn let me borrow it." She tells him, jabbing her thumb in the direction of the Korean man. Glenn glances up for a moment before looking back down at his pregnant wife, love in his eyes.

Aria turns away from them, turning back towards Jesus who is carefully studying her. "You're dating Daryl, aren't you?" Jesus asks, trying to confirm his thoughts. Aria's lips part slightly and she leans forward, eyes narrowed. "How do you know?" Jesus's eyes scan across the RV and Aria follows the action, their eyes meeting the intense glare of Daryl Dixon. Aria purses her lips, a chuckle erupting from her throat. "Oh."

Pure jealousy is evident in Daryl's baby blues as he glares across the RV at Jesus. Aria and him are in a tense situation, but that doesn't mean he wants another man flirting with his girlfriend. And most definitely not a man who looks like Jesus.