15

ARIA STANDS BESIDE ANDREA, her hands tucked in her jeans

ARIA STANDS BESIDE ANDREA, her hands tucked in her jeans. "Nothing about what Daryl and Aria found screams Sophia to me. Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse." Shane speaks up from the truck, his eyes fixated on something far away. Aria rolls her eyes, licking her lip. And nothing about you screams sanity to me, but am I going to say that? Nope. Aria thinks to herself, annoyed at the ex-policeman. "Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea replies back, keeping hope alive.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high." Daryl utters, sticking hi shand out beside him to show the height. Aria nods, agreeing with him. The pair haven't addressed what Aria said the night before and they aren't planning to. Aria was just drowsy and tired, nonsense was coming out of her mouth--at least that's what they're are trying to convince themselves. "Maybe we will pick up her trail again." Rick tells him, looking over at the redneck.

"No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her." Aria nods, her facial features showing she's impressed at Daryl's plan. "Good idea. Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too." T-Dog cuts in, confusion covering Rick's and Jimmy's faces. "Chupacabra?"

"You never heard this? Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a chupacabra." Dale explains, causing Jimmy to laugh and Aria to hold in a chuckle. "What are you braying at, jackass?" Daryl grumbles, narrowing his eyes at the teenager. "So you believe in a blood sucking dog?" Rick asks and Daryl shrugs, scratching the side of his nose. "Do you believe dead people walking around?" Aria turns her head, arching an eyebrow. "He makes a point." She utters, walking away from the men and towards the females.

"Hey." She greets, leaning against the tree. Carol and Lori look over towards Aria, nodding a greeting. "What's the plan for today?" Aria asks, pushing a piece of her hair back behind her ear. "We were planning on cooking for Hershel's family today." An idea pops up in Aria's head and her face lights up as she pushes herself off the tree, a hopeful smile on her face.

"I can go hunting! Maybe for some squirrel or something." Aria suggests, her head tilting to the side, her eyes softening into puppy dog eyes. The two women slowly nod and Aria beams, excitement covering her face. "Thank you!" She exclaims, running towards them and tackling them in a hug. She may be exaggerating but it's okay because she loves hunting and she wouldn't know what she would do if she couldn't go hunting.

♚ ♛

The wind howls through the bright green trees as many different things push their way through the large and thin branches; one of those things being Aria. Keeping an eye out for any squirrels or rabbits, Aria quietly steps on the leaves beneath her. Birds chirp over her head and for a second, she contemplates killing them but she decides not to. She came out here for squirrel or rabbit, not no scrawny bird.

Something rubs against the tree bark and her eyes catch sight of a squirrel. Taking aim with her knife, she releases it through the air, piercing the squirrel through its midsection. Rushing forward, she pulls the knife out of the squirrel, picking it up by its tail and setting it in the garbage bag beside her. She continues on with her adventure.

Daryl lies down in the dirt, his mind hallucinating his older brother. "You're nothing but a freak to them. Redneck trash." Merle chuckles, looking his brother in the eyes. "That's all you are. They're laughing at you behind your back. You know that, don't you? I got a little news for you, son. One of these days they gonna scrape you off their heels like you was dogshit." Aria walks up beside Merle, crouching down, sending a glare his way. "Stop being such a dick." She mutters before looking down at Daryl, grabbing his hand. "Don't believe him. We care about you more than you think. But right now, that's not what you need to focus on—you need to get out of this mess and quick. They're coming."

Aria and Merle slowly disappear from his sight, leaving him to kill off some walkers.

Pushing a rabbit into the half full bag, Aria begins to make her way back to the camp, dragging the bag behind her. Growling comes from behind her and she abruptly stops, turning around and looking at a walker. Gulping, she drops the bag, clutching the knife tightly in her hand. You've done this before, Aria. You can do it again. She tells herself in her mind, rushing forward. Slamming the walker against the tree behind it, she hesitates before shoving the knife in its temple, killing it.

Pulling her knife out, she lets the walker drop to the ground, a wave of victory washing over her. Picking the bag back up, she makes her way back towards the farm, ready to skin and cook these bad boys up.

♚ ♛

Sitting down under the tree by the RV, Aria begins to skin the rabbit, the knife cutting it off swiftly. "Walker. Walker!" Andrea yells from the roof of the RV, scaring Aria. Jumping to her feet, Aria drops the rabbit to the ground, rushing around the RV to look at the distant walker which is moving closer. "I bet I can nail it from here." Andrea says and Aria shakes her head, already knowing about her sister's horrible aim. "Don't you dare try." Aria snaps loudly up at her sister, her eyes still fixed on the walker.

As the men run down to kill the walker, the rifle clicks behind Aria and she shakes her head, looking up at her sister, who's now lying on the roof, taking aim. "Andrea, don't!" Dale and Aria say in unison, having a bad feeling. "Back off." Andrea replies back, her stubborn personality taking over. Turning her head to look back at the walker, Aria tilts her head to the side, confused as to why it's stopped advancing on the men.

Just as she figured out it's not a walker, it's too late. A gunshot rings through the air, knocking the person down and causing annoyance to pulse through Aria.