17

GLENN LOOKS OVER TOWARDS an unsure Aria, silently asking her what to do

GLENN LOOKS OVER TOWARDS an unsure Aria, silently asking her what to do. She shrugs her shoulders, the shrug only visible to anyone who's studying her closely. Turning her attention back down to the stick in her hand, she traces it in the dirt, boredom consuming her. There is nothing for them to do except gaze around at everything and go out looking for Sophia.

"Um, guys." Glenn grabs everyone's attention and they stop what they're doing, turning towards the nervous looking man. "So—" Glenn pauses, causing everyone to look at him expectingly, Aria sending him a small nod of encouragement. "The barn is full of walkers." Aria fakes a look of shock on her face, looking around at the rest of the group.

As Shane peeks through the wooden barn doors, Aria's heart almost leaps out of her chest as a walker bangs on it out of nowhere. Shane shakes his head, moving away from the doors. "You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Shane grumbles, walking through Rick and Andrea. Aria bites her lip, glancing over at Daryl for a few seconds before darting her eyes back over to the chain doors. "No, i'm not. But we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"This is our lives, man!" Shane shouts out of frustration, the bangs on the door last getting harsher. "Okay. We either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Bennington for a long time." Aria sighs, shaking her head. Is he never going to give up on Fort Benning? She thinks to herself, her eyes rolling. One, they still have to look for Sophia, who's probably still out there, alone. Two, Fort Benning is probably gone.

"We can't go." Rick growls, his glare turning over to his best friend—his brother. "Why, Rick? Why?" The tension is rising between the two and Aria's nervous about it. The two men are like lions—Rick's the leader and Shane wants to be, so they have to fight it out. But Aria doesn't want to see a fight between the two, she just wishes Shane would shut up and let Rick lead.

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol speaks up and Aria nods, agreeing with the older female who's like a mom to her. Shane scoffs, chuckling lightly as the sentence. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Aria narrows her blue eyes at the man, her head shaking. He seriously wants to give up on this little girl when Daryl has just found her doll? He's a real dick, ain't he?

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl steps up, his frustration seeping through. He's frustrated because everyone's obviously ready to give up on her and he seems to be the only one doing the hard work. "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Aria clenches her jaw, he's obviously doing more than you. Breathing in, she closes her eyes, trying to calm herself.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about." And the little meditation session is over.  Snapping her eyes open, her eyes dart between Shane and Daryl, worry in her blue orbs. "I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Aria turns her head, meeting Carol's confused and dazed eyes. Sending her a small and subtle, comforting look, Carol gulps harshly, nodding.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Aria's mouth falls open and she quickly rushes forward as she notices Daryl advancing. Her fingers wrap around bicep, desperately trying to pull him away. Shane and Daryl separate and Carol and Aria stand in front of Daryl, worried looks covering their faces.

Both men have a bad temper and if they ever got into a fight, it would be a brawl.

"Hershel sees those things in there as people—sick people. His wife, his stepson." Dale walks forward, explaining to Rick what Hershel has told him. "You knew?" Rick asks disbelief in his tone. Dale nods, holding his hands out in front of him. "Yesterday I talked to Hershel."

"And you waited the night?" Shane snaps, turning towards Dale, his chest puffing out threateningly. "I thought we could survive another night. We did." Dale tells him, glancing at him from the side. "I was waiting til' this morning to say something. But Glenn wanted to be the one." Aria bites her lip, wondering if she should step up and admit that she knew.

"The man is crazy, Rick. If Hershel thinks those things are alive or—no!" Shane yells, the doors beginning rattle violently from the walker's banging and pressing up against it. The growls of the walker's grow louder and Aria gulps, her eyes darting to the doors, that can break at any moment. As basically all the woman begin to back up, Aria stands tall next to the men, her heartbeat fast.

Aria swings her legs back and forth, her back towards Glenn as she takes in the view from the RV, chewing on a piece of jerky. "Run." She tells Glenn, naming words that rhyme with fun. "Pun." Glenn utters before standing to his feet walking to the edge. "Bun!" She exclaims, taking a bite out of the chewy jerky. Hearing Glenn speaking to Dale, Aria stays silent, her eyes staying trained on a tree swaying in the wind.

The trees stand tall in the distance, the sun shining on top of them like a halo. Trees stand tall and confident, causing humans to envy them as they wish they were confident like the trees who provide so much. You're probably thinking it's stupid but it's not. They stand tall as a beam of light shines on them brightly or a lighting strike strikes them suddenly, they stand, taking whatever comes there way. Though, they fall sometimes and that's okay.

Pushing her blonde hair out of her eyes, Aria tilts her head as her eyes stay trained on a figure moving quite quickly. "Glenn?" She calls out but she hears nothing. Swiveling her head, confusion envelopes her as she begins to wonder where the Korean kid went.