28

THE BRIGHT FLAMES of the fire lights her face up as she sits by herself, away from the group

THE BRIGHT FLAMES of the fire lights her face up as she sits by herself, away from the group. She doesn't feel like receiving the sympathetic looks they're sending her, she doesn't want to be sympathized. Everyone is in a pissy and judge mental mood as of right now because of the news Rick had told them. Everyone carries the disease. She's not mad at him for keeping it secret, she would've too.

It's quite annoying watching everyone give the poor guy dirty looks and talk about him behind his back but what's Aria going to do? Nothing. She's just gonna sit back and be quiet like she's come accustomed to. They wouldn't listen to her, anyway. Most of them probably believe just because she's quiet means she's stupid, like the people in high school thought. As everyone hops to there feet because of some leaves rustling, Aria stays seated, not caring if she dies at the moment.

"We need to leave. I mean—what are we waiting for?" Aria rolls her eyes at Carol's sentence, the woman obviously not comprehending what Rick had said earlier. "The last thing we need is for everyone to be running off in the dark." Aria nods her head, mentally clapping for Rick. Get 'em. She thinks, ready to hear what he has to say. "I'm not—i'm not sitting here waiting for another herd to blow through." Carol tells everyone, looking around at everyone.

"Do something." Carol snaps at Rick, her hands held together. Aria blows out a breath, her arms wrapping around her body. "I am doing something." Rick growls, turning towards the woman. "I'm keeping this group together—alive. I've been doing that all along, no matter what. I didn't ask for this. I killed my best friend for you people, for christ's sake!" The silence that Aria hates so much invades over the group and she looks around, uncomfortable.

"You saw what he was like, how he pushed me, how he compromised us, how he threatened us. He staged the whole Randall thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice. He was my friend, but he came after me. My hands are clean." Rick explains, his voice full of different emotions. "Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead. I say there's a place for us, but maybe—maybe it's just another pipe dream. Maybe—maybe i'm fooling myself again. Why don't you go and find out yourself? Send me a postcard. Go on, there's the door. You can do better? Lets see how far you get. No takers? Fine. But get one thing straight—you're staying, this isn't a democracy anymore."

Aria stands to her feet, dusting her pants off. "'Who are you to judge the life I live? I know i'm not perfect and i don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.'" Aria quotes Bob Marley, her eyes looking around at everyone. Lowering her eyes to the ground, she walks over to the stone wall. "I'll take first watch." She utters, stepping onto a piece of the wall before pulling herself up onto the higher part, sitting down and taking in the view. Daryl sits down beside the dazed female, his crossbow sat beside him.

After a few moments of silence, Aria speaks up. "Okay—so I barely know anything about you. Let's play 20 questions."